cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of software component in IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We completed the process of system copy of of XI quality server from XI production server.

Now when i'm trying to import the software component from SLD to IR, i'm getting the following problem:

"Devline does not exist: 35a2efb03cec11da990b000e7fedd2d3"

sld is working fine. SLDCHECK has not given any error message. All RFC are working fine.

Following is the details about data model version and CR contents version. I updated data model version from 1.4.29 to 1.5.32 to solve this problem but it has not worked.

Required SAP CIM Model Version: 1.4.29

CR Content Version (sld/active): No versioned CR imports detected

Other Import Content Versions (sld/active): ALL 1.0

Namespace Objects Classes Instances AssocClasses AssocInst QualDecl Model Version

sld/active 114011 392 42109 569 70864 77 1.5.32

Pls help us to resolve it.

Thanks

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Precautions before system copy :

If you have open changelists or open conflicts before going for a system copy, then you might encounter "Devline doesnot exist error". So you have to ensure that you revert all your open changelists and resolve all the conflicts before a system copy.

How to solve it :

If during this system I select the option COPY then System B will have different devlines than System A. If I select Copy then System B will be exactly identical to System A.

But now if a COPY is done System B should ideally have all the devlines changed . Devlines has references in 4 major tables.

1)XI_REPWORKSP

2)XI_PDEVLINE

3)XI_PKNOWNDEVLINE

4)XI_PVERSIONSET.

PKNOWNDEVLINE has two main attributes. One is the versionsetid and the other is newversionsetid. Whenever the system copy and then during the start up of the new system all devlines are changed. Let's assume that the devline value is D.

Now when u do an import it tries to look for D as it is mentioned in worksp table but there is no reference of D anywhere as D has changed to D1. In this case we get a devline does not exist error.

Resolution:

Select kd.versionsetid,kd.newversionsetid from xi_pversionset v join xi_pknowndevline kd on ( v.versionsetid = kd.versionsetid) where v.externaltype =1 ;

With the above va;ues

Then create a query like this

Update xi_repworksp set devlineid = kd.newversionsetid where devline = kd.versionsetid

This should resolve your problem.

Best Regards,

MJRK RAJU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are trying to import SAP Basis 6.40 Component

You are not supposed to import SAP BASIS 6.40 component from SLD

Place the corresponding tpz file (You can find this file in XI installation DVD or you can download the same from service.sap.com) in the import directory (usr\sap\PI7\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\import)

Now, In IR --> Tools --> Import Design objects.

Import the tpz file. Now you can see all the objects.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=SEARCH&HIDE=&SEARCH_SPAT=...

search SAP basis 6.40 -- Here you will get the details

refer SAP Note 768148 and make sure you have all the settings defined.

Let me know if still problem persists.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jun 28, 2008 12:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarup for your reply.

I tried to import the following tpz file

XI3_0_SAP_BASIS_6.40_20_00.tpz

but it failed with the following error.

Internal error during pvc call: Commit of the transaction not possible because the status is: no_transaction For more information, see the server log.

Some of the lines of detail error messgae.

(16:01:34 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog: Throwable

Thrown:

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.ib.server.propagation.rb_propagation.ERR_PVC

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.ResourceException: Internal error during pvc call: Commit of the transaction not possible because the status is: no_transaction

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.pvc.PvcTransport.throwRootCause(PvcTransport.java:448)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.pvc.PvcTransport.pvcImport(PvcTransport.java:133)

I checked the oss note you mentioned. All users has already been created in the system. XQA is the system copy of XPD server. I have not modified the passwd of all xi* defualt users. I'm not sure if it is the cause of problem.

Pls let me know if something else ned to be done.

Thanks again.

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup

I opened same error message for SAP OSS and got the following reply:

-

From our analysis it seems that you have done system copy with the swcv

SAPBASIS. If that is the case, if you import SAPBASIS again from SLD,

you will get the error 'Devline does not exist'.

Resolution.

1. Please delete SAPBASIS from ESR.

2. Import SAPBASIS from SLD.

3. Then import SAPBASIS content from which ever system you want.

This should resolve the issue.

-

What is ESR and how to delete sapbasis from ESR? Any idea?

Regards

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

ESR stands for Enterprise Service Rpository. It is the name used in PI 7.0 and PI 7.1 for Integration Repository.

If you are using the XI 3.0 then delete it from IR and then delete the SCV SAPBASIS from it.

Double Click on Software Componenet Version--> Leftmost Menu Bar option in Populated Window Software Component Version --> Delete

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup

Thanks for reply. In left hand side window of IR, i have only seen software component "SAP BASIS". No software component version is attached to software component 'SAP Basis'.

I tried to delete software component 'SPA Basis' (IR>Object>delete) but it is in grey mode. Cann't delete it.

I try to import the software component version form

IR>Tools>Transfer from SLD-->Import software component

but it failed with following errors:

Unable to import SAP BASIS 6.40

Devline does not exist: 35a2efb03cec11da990b000e7fedd2d3 (ERR_DEVLINE_NOTEXIST)

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.ib.server.pvcadapt.rb_pvcadapt.ERR_DEVLINE_NOTEXIST

STACKTRACE:

com.sap.aii.ibrep.client.swc.ExtSwcServiceException: Devline does not exist: 35a2efb03cec11da990b000e7fedd2d3

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.client.swc.SwcImporterImpl.importSwc(SwcImporterImpl.java:120)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.tools.swcimport.SwcSelectionDialog.importSwcvs(SwcSelectionDialog.java:301)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.tools.swcimport.SwcSelectionDialog.access$200(SwcSelectionDialog.java:51)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.tools.swcimport.SwcSelectionDialog$3.run(SwcSelectionDialog.java:241)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks again Swarup. It's ahrd for me to solve this problem now. Even sap oss is taking a long time to fix it.

Thanks

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just try to refresh the SLD cache. and try to activate the deleted objects in change list.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to Note 855201 - Connectivity Test in RWB fails

The error is corrected with Patch 4 of SP12 for the XI TOOLS 3.0

component.

You will find the archive SAPXITOOL12P_4.SCA on SAP Service Market Place under http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks --> Download --> Support Packages and Patches --> Entry by Application Group --> SAP NetWeaver --> SAP NETWEAVER --> SAP NETWEAVER 04 --> Entry by Component --> XI Exchange Infrastructure --> XI TOOLS 3.0 --> #OS independent.

Thanks

Amit

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 24, 2009 8:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for prompt reply.

There is no problem of Connectivity Test in RWB for SLD. We are on support pack level 20.

This happened after system copy and this is the first time, we did the system copy of XQA from XPD server. I think, i'm missing something after the system copy process..

Thanks again.

Amar