cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation in SolMan of Non SAP Implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to maintain documentation, blueprints, etc. for an implementation of a NON SAP system (CC&B of Oracle)?

If possible, what would be the correct scenario of SolMan?

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

In my view, the right transactions to hold documents for Non-SAP systems are SOLAR01 & SOLAR02 or the Solution Landscape.

The questions you would have to answer yourself are:

(1) Are these Non-SAP systems part of the 'overll' solution landscape in terms of interacting with SAP in one way or ther other OR are these meant to carry out certain Business Processes that are totally standalone and have no 'interface' or cross-dependency on SAP

- If these Non-SAP systems actively interact with SAP, you may be better off getting the structure definition as well as documentation in the same Project

- If some elements interact and most others are standalone, you may like to have a different Project to manage those standalone elements

(2) Do you plan to undertake any 'Project' that may end up using these Non-SAP system documentation OR is it primarily for the support team that manages an existing infrastructure, to have access to these documents from one place ?

- If no projects are foreseen taking shape, you may be better off defining the structure as Business Scenarios or Interface Scenarios in Solution Landscape as opposed to Project side

Please feel free to ask any further queries.

Best regards,

Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guustav ,

I think you can use the transaction RMMAIN for this purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

As per my experience I can say that you can use Solman as a central repository for storing all project related documents and issues be it a SAP or Non SAP system.

However it will be logical to store the doucments related to Non SAP system only when these systems are part of landscape or your solutions.

Also for Solman, license to implement or monitor customer's own non SAP solutions are included in the standard maintenance fee as well.

Please assign points and let me know if you need anything specific.

Rgds

Manish