Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to BAPI scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have the following scenario:

A file is picked up that has multiple rows and for each row that contains a material, I have to call a BAPI, which it was not possible to wrap inside an Idoc.

Initially, I had increased the cardinality of the BAPI in message mapping from 1 to 1..unbounded, in order to be able to call it for each record of the file. Since the messages tag was added in XML document, the RFC receiver adapter was not able to execute it.

I have now set up file sender adapter to create one XI message per file record/line (in order to avoid the messages tag in the target XML from the mapping) and the problem that we face is that the BAPI is not always executed. Actually the BAPI is creating and changing materials' classification and is called BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE.

I have set up correctly the RFC receiver adapter, and I do not have checked the "Commit single BAPI Calls" checkbox.

In log of RFC adapter in RWB, I can see only the successful RFC calls. And if for example I have 5 lines in the file, i.e. 5 materials, then only 3-4 will be created successfully. And in RWB I will get "Success" for correct ones and not for the failed ones.

Any ideas?

Evaggelos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evaggelos,

In the message you can remove the messages tag and send the message. Check out my reply in a similar thread: <<<1:2 Message Mapping WithOut BPM - Split mapping created no messages Error>>> That way the input message can be read by the BAPI and it wont throw error.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Answers (0)