cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC and NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We just installed the Process Control 2.5 which works with NWBC.

My question is: can we use NWBC with Access Control 5.3, Risk Management 2.0 and ECC6?

If yes, do you have any document which explains how to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Julien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

make sure you have a menu assigned to the role you are using and have the role assigned to your user. You also need to click on the menu below the factory/office once you are in the NWBC shell.

All the best,

Daniel.

Edited by: Daniel Giblett on Jul 11, 2008 12:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Some things to keep in mind with NWBC:

Currently supported:

ECC 6.0 as of a certain Enhancement Pack (I want say 3) there is a note

RM 2.0 - Supported but keep in mind the Dashboards will not work unless you configure the NWBC to go through an Enterprise Portal

PC 2.5 - Completely Supported and is the UI

Not supported currently:

It is my understanding that AC 5.3 is not released for NWBC 1.0

Options for connecting to SAP:

1. NWBC -> Enterprise portal -> SAP Application (ERP, RM)

2. NWBC -> SAP Application (ICM) (ERP, RM, & PC)

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

I have configure everything except the service in /sap/bc/nwbc/.

I did create a service bc within the nwbc folder but in sap nwbc i can not connect to my ECC 6..

I have a login pop up (like a windows one) and then nothing.

Regards,

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think most of the WebDynpro JAVA/ABAP applications can work on NWBC, So far i have seen the following.

RM 3.0 works on NWBC/Portal

AC 5.3 works on NWBC/Portal

RM2.0 works on NWBC/Portal

AC5.2 works on Portal (I never saw but may be webdynpro apps works)

Configuring NWBC is very easy and you already got a link.

following is some more info:

To setup access of NWBC to ABAP system (apart of server settings) do following: in menu System -> Preferences; Add new SAP system to be connected via NWBC, specify:

Name of the system

Type of system: PORTAL (SAP Enterprise Portal) or ERP (ABAP)

Protocol: HTTP/HTTPs; Check transaction SMICM -> Goto -> Services in system which is to be connected.

Host name. Check transaction SMICM ->Goto -> Services.

Port number. Check transaction SMICM -> Goto -> Services.

Path specification in the ICF services. Check transaction SICF for node /sap/bc/nwbc/

System client

System language

User name in system

Few more setting of NWBC can be setup in file "X:Program FilesSAPFrontEndSAPguiNWBCClient.ini". SAP NetWeaver Business Client is currently only available for Windows platforms.

For more details see note [900000|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/900000] , [Online Documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/961aa951b3581ce10000000a1553f7/content.htm] and you can also check [SDN Section|]

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer!

If someone has already tested it, I'm interested by details and feedbacks..

Regards,

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWBC definitely works with RM 2.0. Just keep in mind that there is also some backend configuration that needs to be done to enable NWBC to function correctly.

You will need to setup a new cockpit and set up the ICF service for the ITS service (IAC). These are both procedures that can be found in the online documentation. The links that Ankur gave you are a good place to start.

Search terms:

Setting Up a New Cockpit

Setting Up the ICF Service for the ITS Service (IAC)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Julien-

Here is a help doc for NWBC: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/4185faf54e2f90e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

I read a little bit of it, and the NWBC can be connected to Portal, and GRC AC 5.x can be connected to Portal. So I am assuming you can do it the same way you connected PC 2.5.

I hope to get into Portal and NWBC technology in the near future...

Ankur

GRC Consultant