cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple partner functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have got customer "A" with two Z partner functions assigned as part of customer master record partner functions.

When i create inquiry for this customer "A" i should be able to create inquiry by transferring both of the Z partner functions to Inquiry document header partner functions.

But when i am creating inquiry system showing these Two partner function in a pop up box and asking me to select one. if i dont select atleast one of them none of them will be transferred to inquiry partner functions.

How can i avoid this, How can i automatically transfer two partner functions with out asking to choose?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear anil

I am little bit confused over your remarks

[i should be able to create inquiry] and

[when i am creating inquiry system showing these Two partner function in a pop up box and asking me to select one if i dont select atleast one of them none of them will be transferred to inquiry partner functions]

In one line, you are saying you are able to save and in the next line you are saying you could not save.

Nevertheless, if the code of partner functions is unique, while creating sale order, system will ask you to propose either of the partner functions. You cannot assign both the partner functions. For example, you create a new partner function as ZC and maintain the same code for two customers / agents, vendors, you can assign only either of these partner function.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thsks for quick response Laskhmipathi. Let me put it this way........

I am able to create inquiry even though multiple partners assigned in customer master record, But it is asking me to select one of the partners while creating a Inquiry.

I want to transfer both the partner functions from customer master records to inquiry header partner funcitons.

Thank you

ANil

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anil

I am also trying to convey the same. To be more clear, if you maintain two ship to parties or two payers in customer master and while creating sale order, you can maintain only either of the one and you cannot maintain two ship to parties at header level. May be at item level, you can differentiate this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exactly is meant by Z partner function. which partner type did you assign to that partner function. what kind of relation exits among the partner functions.

What is the need of going for Z partner functions. Standard partner functions are going to be sufficient.

Regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil,

it seems that there lot of confusion over the partners issue.

to make the issue clear pls mention what partner functions you have included in customer master that you want it to appear in inquiry.(Are you giving 2 partner function or same partner function - 2 customer numbers)

regards,

krishna prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can create an in quiry with only one partner function

hence you will have to select only one .

Eg . The person inquiring for the product will be a single entity . If many people want to inquire then make make multiple inquiry .

Respond in case you need further clarification

regards,

Aditya.