Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go to QS23(Change) directly from QP02 not QS24(Display)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize if I am not in right forum.

I have QM user, who spends hours to make changes to "Master Inspection characteristics" for parts via transaction code QS23.

In order to do that he first have to go to the transaction code QP02 and copy the Master inspection characteristic number and then paste in the QS23.

IN QP02 he can click on the Master inspection characteristic but only to display the Master Inspection Chracterstics(QS24) not able to change(QS23).

Is there any changes I can suggest, so when user click "Master inspection Characteristic" in QP02 it takes him directly to the QS23(Change) instead of QS24(Display)?

I will appreciate any help....thank!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suzy_bijnens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QP02 you can find the buttons: "Quant. data", "Control indicators",... With these buttons you can change almost every property of the char. BUT in order to be able to use the buttons, you need to unlock the MIC first.

At this point, you need to make a decision: is the change to the MIC necessary for all inspection plans in which it appears (then use QS23 and do not unlock the MIC) or do you want to change the property only for this particular inspection plan (then unlock the MIC)?

Rgds,

Suzy

2 REPLIES 2

suzy_bijnens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QP02 you can find the buttons: "Quant. data", "Control indicators",... With these buttons you can change almost every property of the char. BUT in order to be able to use the buttons, you need to unlock the MIC first.

At this point, you need to make a decision: is the change to the MIC necessary for all inspection plans in which it appears (then use QS23 and do not unlock the MIC) or do you want to change the property only for this particular inspection plan (then unlock the MIC)?

Rgds,

Suzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Owais,

You can control this authorization via object :

Authorization for Master Data (Q_MASTERD)

Fields:

Authorization Group QM Basic D

Activity for QM Master Data Authorization

You can authorize for the actvity:

0204 Change master insp. charac.

I think this would solve your problem.

Regards,

Subbu