cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Attachment : CV01n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends ,

I am very very new to DMS .......While doing my first trsnaction CV01 I am facing below issue , Pls help me out to resolve this

I am creating a new document of type DMO , the steps I followed are

1) entered Document type , Document parts and version in the first screen

2) In second screen i entered the document desc and move to Object link where I entered my material number

3) Now I came back to the original screen (document data tab) where I did entered my Document desc and try to attach one word file there.Here the problem is

As soon as click on OPEN ORIGINAL icon , system is prompting another window where I have to select APPLICATION , DATA CARRIER and ORIGINAL file path.Like to tell you that this is my client server which I am accessing thru CITRIX.

Here I have selected APPLICATION as WRD and entered the complete path of the file ( my local machine path) and press Enter.

The file gets appeared in the ORIGINAL BOX but when I try to open it by pressing double click , system prompted me an error "File XXXX couldn't be accessed"

While in the another server which is available on our network only , when I click on OPEN ORIGINAL icon in Document Data tab ..... system take me to my C drive where I can select any file by double click.

So my two queries are

1) Why both servers are behaving differently , although the config of selected document type is same in both servers are same.

2) How to resolve error " "File XXXX couldn't be accessed" facing at client server

3) what is MIDAS ?

I hope I could explain u queries well , thx in advance for replying

Regards

Shrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear India,

Clicking open original button will show you a file open dialog box rather than asking application, data carrier, original...!!

Can you please check the settings of both the servers in Tcode DC20?

Regards,

MRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear User,

it seems that you are not checking in your document for your content server and that's why the original document is not got saved in your content server and only accessible from your local machine.

pls try with checkin of document it will ask you to select your content server , select that and then save it.

i think your prob will get resolved.

Reward points if useful.

san joy kk