cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment in R3 and SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working with SRM and R3 as backend. When R3 was configurated, an specific account assignment category was created "Q" (customized). This category was copied from the account assignment category standar "P". In R3 the category "Q" is working well.

Now we are configurating SRM and we need to specify the account assignment categories. All the standar categories that we need and we are using in R3 are preconfigurated in SRM and mapped, but the category "Q" created by us in R3 doesn't exist in SRM then we need to create that category and map.

Well, we have already created the category in SRM ("Q") and we have mapped the category in R3, but now we have problems with the business process.

When we create a SP in R3 and we specify as account assignment category "Q" we can work in R3 but when we try to take that SP as an external requirement into SRM (extended classic scenario or classic for strategic sourcing) the SP is taken to SRM but the account assignment is missing, is like the SP was created without account assignment.

What is wrong?????? Do we need to configure another thing in SRM????? Is possible create new account assignment categories in R3, create SP's and take it to SRM as external requirement with our own account assignment category??????????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if you can control with this BADI BBP_BADI_EXTREQ_OUT and you can debug to see why it is failing.

Regards, IA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw in another forum and i found that the implementation of a BADI is required. do you think this is my problem?????

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Pls refer documentation of BBP_ACCCAT_MAP_IMP & BBP_ACCCAT_MAP_EXP Badi's and try to map account assignment in R/3 and SRM during document transfer.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

yes, that is the issue. Do not ask why, but the account assignment category is not part of the interface between R/3 and SRM. The selection of the right category happens in SRM according to a strange fuzzy logic. You can see, when debugging the whole thing. Implement the BADI and force the assignment according to your needs.

Cheers,

Claudia