cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy VS Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just had the BIT400 + BC416 ( web services ).

In BIT400 I saw that we normaly need to create proxy, when a standard connector is not available in XI.

What I don't understand is, iot seams thats the standard way XI communicates with SPP is using proxies instead of web services.

I see that Proxy uses http protocol just like web services do.

So my question would be now:

What is the difference between a proxy and a web service in a SAP standpoint ?

I see that SPP does not come pratically with any standard web services, but with a lot of proxies though. Why is that?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin

Proxies are used only when sender/receiver and SAP XI understand XI message format

For a webservice you should use eitehr a SOAP adapter or HTTP adapter.

If your interfaces are going to connect SAP then I would rather suggest to use proxies. If they are externally located and if they are third party interfaces then we can go for webservices

chek thread

reward points if helpfull.

regards

kummari

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What is the difference between a proxy and a web service in a SAP standpoint ?

Proxies support quality of service "exactly once" and "exactly once in order", which web services don't

> I see that SPP does not come pratically with any standard web services, but with a lot of proxies though. Why is that?

Web services can be consumed by third party software, proxies can be used with PI.

Regards

Stefan