cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Tracks for 1 SC in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a software component in SLD and created a track in NWDI. I have imported that track in my NWDS and have added DCs to my SC. My SC has been deployed to all the runtime environments correctly.

Now I want to deploy the content of this SC to another landscape of runtime systems so I have created a new track, configured the new runtime systems and imported the SC to the track.

Even though it is the same SC than in track 1, the SC in track 2 does not contain the DC's of track 1. I need to have these DC's deployed to all my runtime systems of track 2. Shouldn't an SC always contain its DCs no matter which track it is part of?

What have I done wrong? How can I have my DCs deployed to my other runtime systems using NWDI?

Thank you very much in advance for any help you could provide helping me figuring out the situation.

Regards,

Renaud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Landry,

Do one thing. take an SCA of your software component. created at assembly. which contains all your DC's developed till date. put it in cms inbox.

and at the time when you import standerd dependecies in your track e.g sap-build, sap-jtech. import that SCA file too.

go into your CMS

import four components. from inbox to development to consolidation to test to production.

sap_buildt, sap_jtechs, sap_jee, SCA file of your software component

Former Member
0 Kudos

... or follow the way pascal describes, an you're on the right way ...

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers!

I am surprised to learn that I have to manually put the SCA in the inbox to have it imported to another track. Track connections is a good idea but in my case, I wanted tracks completely separated.

Regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

which method you followd........can you please give me reference

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti,

I tried both scenarios. In one case, I needed to start a parallel track of development and keep the main one for support so I did track connections.

In the other case, I needed a separated track because we are installing a new landscape in parallel of the current one so I followed the import sca method.

Regards,

Renaud

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should define a Transport Connection between the two tracks.