Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client specific settings for 'Z' Developments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Let me explain my the client settings first -

I'm working on a implementation project. We have a development server having four clients as 311 sandbox, 322 - customizing client (Without transactions and masters), 411 - Testing client and 422 as a golden master with all configuration and master data.

The path is 322 >> 411 >> 422

We do not have configured TMS till now.

While i'm creating any 'Z' development whether report or table or do any changes on the 311 client i.e. sand box and saving it as a local object or save in a request the changes or newly created reports can directly affect the upto client master i.e. 422 without transporting the request.

Because of this i'm facing problems as if i created any report just for testing on 311 i.e. sandbox it directly appears on every client without transporting request even when it has been saved in the local object. Also if i do any changes in any sap standard screen, program or in any object as per SAP notes on 311 they directly affects whole development system.

Please guide me how to set the system landscape to avoide this.

Thanks

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sap program and table object are not client specific. Repository data(for example programs and table definitions is client independent i.e cross client.}

so if you create the zprogram in sendbox client you can access same program from other client also.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its O.K. but what about the local objects? means if i save any 'Z' report to a local object should it also available on all clients on Development system?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It´s doesn´t matter in which package you save the object, the object itself is cross-client, as soon as you save it it´s available from all clients.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest multiple project environments, so they can keep their changes seperated. However, once the project is beyond the project phase and development will start, they need to learn to live on the same DEV system together. Try implementing a change control process that ensures cross project efforts live happily with eachother.

Here's what we have in house.

- Multiple project environment.

- 1 DEV (this is the point where all new developments have to live with eachother).

- 1 SIT Test

- 1 UAT/Stress Test

- 1 Production (this should not be the point where changes are converged, it's too late and too messy)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Development is cross-client, means, all z-programs are available for all clients on the system as soon as they are saved.

Markus