cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding DropDownByIndex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a scenario to get the internal value of the DropDownByIndex on selecting a particular value(Aerospace)

For Eg.. DropDownByIndex values has internal values like (Aerospace - 1005, Pharma - 1010....)

DropDownByIndex has Aeroapce, Pharma...

Now My question is how can I get the internal value(1005, 1010,...) of a particular DDBI value....

Please reply me,

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Jun 27, 2008 12:57 PM

In this forum nothing is urgent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use DDByIndex you have a context node that provides these texts. Add another attribute to this node (if not already there) that stores the numerical value. The selected value is the attribute value of the "current" node element.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...

I had created a value attribute in the same node and binded to the numeric value....

But how can the Aerospace (for e.g) has assigned with its internal value (1001)....

For your information...the data is retrieved from backend...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand your question, please explain again.

Armin

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can u tell me what are the datas populated in the dropdown.

if the values whish u have populated is Aerospace and the selected value is Aerospace .

Now from this attribute get the Internal value set from the Aerospace (From model) and explain ur query in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have scenario where we get the data from backend.

We get the data from T106T tableu2026which contains industry values (BRSCH) and industry description(BRTXT).

We get the industry descriptions to a DropDownByIndex property in a view.

This view has the functionality to update into the backend with RFC.

Now I need to select a particular one of the industry description and when clicks on Save, it should be saved in backendu2026

But the backend RFC table(PA0023) take only the industry values (BRSCH)u2026

My problem is how to give a particular value of the industry description to the tableu2026

Please help meu2026