cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After ABAP Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently I am preparing for ABAP certification exam....

I would like to know what are the options available after ABAP certification ?

I have 2 yrs experience working in Java and NO experience in ABAP.

Also, what are the prerequisites for XI and EP certification?

Thanks in advance,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

ABAP is basically used for backend desigining for making tables, reports, function modules , queries etc in SAP. There are lot of requirements for ABAP people so u can get work after certification.

About EP, EP is more about making web application and providing single point of access to various SAP systems and third party system. In EP u work on portal, webdynpro and Knowledge Management and collaboration. If u are gud in JAVA then u think u shud go for EP where u will have ample oppurtunities but there is very less or no work of ABAP in EP.

For beginning in EP chk this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/ep/introduction%2bto%2bportal

XI is used for migration of other technologies in SAP. Here u need java , abap knowldege .

For XI see this blog:

[New in Xi|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2887] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards

Priyanka

reward if helpful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for your reply. It was quite informative. Infact I just cleared my ABAP certification today so the timing could'nt be better.

By the looks of it I feel XI would suit me better....

One for query... in your reply you have mentioned that there are lot of requirements for ABAP.. . Could you please guide me how can I apply for jobs... I am located in Delhi and open for relocation.

Thanks,

Karan

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Ya i think XI will suit u more if u need to use ABAP skills else if u r interested in Java then move to EP.

By lot of ABAP requirements i mean that companies like wipro, capgemini,arteriatech etc are hiring freshers in ABAP. So u can either post ur resume in jobs site and search there or else ask any consultancy in delhi to place you. Since you are ready to relocate so u can hopefully get some offers.

Regards

Priyanka

plz reward points if helpful