cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to SAP GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii All

I'm new to SAP GRC & doesn't know anything about GRC.

I would be thankful if anyone could give me list of the components and Prerequisites that are needed to install GRC. I'm using ECC 5.0 and the component VIRSANH - 510_640 is installed on it (but its not showing in TCode-SPAM).

Regards.

Edited by: Nikhil Gupta on Jun 27, 2008 12:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

GRC is made up of the following Products:

Access Controls

Process Controls

Global Trade Services

Risk Management

The pre-requisites for each of these products can be found on the service marketplace using the quicklink /instguides. The Master Guide for each product will detail all the pre-requisites you will need to fill before installing each product.

All the best,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

(I guess this will be my last question)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

from my point of view, stop your engagement with the Version 5.1 and focus on the upcoming release 5.3 instead.

Kind regards,

Richard

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nikhil-

Please download the Virsa 5.1 user manuals from the marketplace. You will find the install and config guides all in there...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

Thanks for your reply.

I jus' want to know that I'ave to install all these 4 components:

1) Access Enforcer

2) FireFighter

3) Role Expert

4) Compliance Calibrator.

& Cud u tell me in brief what skills are needed to start GRC.

Basically I'm SAP PM Consultant.

Regards.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nikhil-

For installing those applications, you only need to follow the Install Guides, and make sure you complete the pre-implementation and post-installation steps. And before installation, make sure you size your systems correctly and appropraite the proper servers, etc.

If you are also configuring the applications, then you will need to follow the Configuration Guides...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur.

I think I need to install Access Control & Process Control. (following the installation guides)?? Am I correct??

Regards.

Edited by: Nikhil Gupta on Jun 29, 2008 6:45 PM

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nikhil-

Yes, exactly. Follow the installation guides, and you will be fine...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I need to install Access Control & Process Control. (following the installation guides)?? Am I correct??

See, what to install depends on your requirement. You need not install all the components because just they are there!

If you are looking for a component which can give you available SOD violations in you system, then go for Compliance Calibrator! and so on...

I hope this could bring some clarity!

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Actually my org has just started practise in GRC and I'ave to look after that.

So, I really dont know how to start.!

Could you clarify more on that.

Thanks.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure! why not?

You can find the document of each component on market place. However, I will do the needful as far as possible.

AccessControls

1.ComplianceCalibrator:

This tool is used to analyse the Segeration Of Duties (SODs) prevailing in your backend system. Also, its used to see different types of reports and different levels. like user, role, profile and so on.

If you are looking for this kind of functionality, then you can install and configure it.

2.RoleExpert:

This is used to create the roles in R/3. More or less analogous to PFCG. However, it works inline with AccessEnforcer for approval proces. Not only this, it also gives you the change history of each role. it also works with CC, to analyse the SOD violation caused due to addition of TCODE in a role. There features are to name a few.

Likewise, you have FireFigher and AccessEnforcer.

Process Control

This aims purely at Internal Auditing Team, which wants to test it controls and processes and thereby follow the performance and do the needful.

So, if you have that requirement, then you can go ahead with this.

I hope I could clarify some of the things. If you have any queries, please let me know.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Faisal

I'ave searched about these things.

But as I mentioned till now I dont have any requirements as such, we are just starting GRC..

So that is main confusion.

Thanks anyways.

Regards.

Edited by: Nikhil Gupta on Jun 30, 2008 11:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Now I just want to ask that how to check which component is installed?

VIRSANH - 510_640 is already installed- What that means?

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nikhil-

That means you have the 5.1 non-HR RTA installed in your WAS 640 system...

Ankur

GRC Consultant