cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.7IDES+Windows XP Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

I am trying to Install SAP 4.7 IDES on Windows XP Machine.

When i am installing Database Instance i am getting the following error

"ERROR MSC-01002 Could not create package table, no packages found in: /[temp]/[dvdsolman]/exp1 /[temp]/[dvdsolman]/exp2

/[temp]/[dvdsolman]/exp3 /[temp]/[dvdsolman]/exp4

/[temp]/[dvdsolman]/exp5

"

Anyone experienced can u give the solution or the advise

Anil.N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You're getting the error because the installation program cannot find the export CDs in the location you specified.

Hope this helps you and all the others who keep getting this error.

KITSA
Explorer
0 Kudos

MSC-01002 : Could not create package table, no packages found in: …

I solved it, but I tried too many things at once so I don't know what exactly did it, so I am going to list them all.

The error occurred when I tried to create the Database Instance for 470x200 for Oracle on Win2003 I386, immediately after the step when to define the location of the export CD’s and the R3Load sequence.

1. Wrong choice of dir name. I copied the export CD’s on a local root directory called “C:sapcds”. I renamed it to “«G:export»”, in combination with the next step.

2. Very Slow I/O. I had copied the export CD’s on a the local disk C:. I copied them to the Storage Array Drive G:.

3. I removed all attributes from the root dir «G:export» and their sub-directories (cmd > attrib -R -A -S -H «G:export» /S /D )

4. I changed the Access Security Settings on «G:export» to include the Local and Domain Administrator with Full Access, as well as the “sidadm” and “SAPServiceSID” users.

5. In all the local server groups of ORA*, I added the “sidadm” and “SAPServiceSID” users again, as well as the local and domain Administrator.

6. In all the local server groups of SAP*, I added the “sidadm” and “SAPServiceSID” users again, as well as the local and domain Administrator.

7. Since I had a Windows Domain Installation, I made sure the “sidadm” and “SAPServiceSID” users are in the Administrators Group, the Domain Admin Group and the Domain User Group.

I know that some of the steps above seem stupid and no way that that was the source of the problem (eg. step 1 and 2, but I had no time to check them out, so please indulge me.

After all that, and a reboot of course, the installation proceeded as planed with no further problems.

Athanassios Kitselis

d.d.synergy Hellas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to install SAP Netweaver on MAC OS.does any have any expeerience on this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

Did you manage to install SAP 4.70 IDES on windows XP OS ? I am also planning to do the same, and would like to have feedback from you.

ThX & Regards.

Seby

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should run. I am considering you are running on XP Pro. Home is another story...

I have installed ERP2004 ECC50 on XP Pro. Just follow carefully the installation guide.

Good luck!

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wondering if all of the Netweaver components are compatiable to and be installed in XP-Pro ? I mean including Enterprise portal etc?

Thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that this is a supported OS?

http://service.sap.com/pam