cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freight charges not to be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on ECC 6.0 and have a typical requirement.

We have an agreemnt with our customer and our Freight Forwarder that we charge a fixed amount as Freight on all of our deliveries. This Freight amount will vary from order to order and will be fixed for every delivery, irrespective of number of deliveries (partial or complete deliveries) or number of items in the delivery (one item or multiple items). Same amount will flow from Sales Order to Invoice.

E.g.

Sales Order 1001

Number of Items - 2

Item # 1, Quantity - 100

Item # 2, Quantity - 200

Freight Amount - 3000

Now delivery 1

Item # 1 - Delivery Quantity - 100

Freight Amount - 3000 (Fixed)

Delivery 2

Item # 2, Delivery Quantity - 200

Sales Order 1002

Number of Items - 2

Item # 1, Quantity - 100

Item # 2, Quantity - 200

Freight Amount - 3000

Now delivery 1

Item # 1 - Delivery Quantity - 70

Delivery 2

Item # 2, Delivery Quantity - 50

How do we handle this situation ?

We tried the following -

1. In Freight Condition Type, specify Group Condition as Yes, Header Condition as Yes 2. In Freight Condition Type, specify Group Condition as Yes, Header Condition as No, Item Condition as Yes 3. In Freight Condition Type, specify Condition Category as "B" - Fixed Amount, Group Condition as Yes, Header Condition as Yes 4. In Freight Condition Type, specify Condition Category as "B" - Fixed Amount, Group Condition as No, Header Condition as Yes 5. In Freight Condition Type, specify Condition Category as "D" - Gross Weight, Group Condition as No, Header Condition as Yes 6. In Copy Control of Sales Order to Billing, Price Type as "D" or "G" or "H"

and combinations of all above.

As a result of (3) and (4) above, in Billing -> Condition Tab, Amount field is being fixed, as per Sales Order Freight amount. But Condition Value field is getting calculated as per Partial Delivery Quantity.

We want Condition Value also to remain unchanged.

Please help on priority

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can set condition type similar to standard condition HD00 for header freight just change calculation type to Fix. In this case you need to manully put the value of freight at header level.

If your freight is Fix for all orders then you can create routine which will assing eg Rs.3000 fix for the condition type or if you have logic then inbult the logic in routine to assing fix freight for the condition.

Regards,

Vijay.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kelly_honeycutt
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have same requirement from my client. Is anyone know, how you resolve this issue? Would you please provide some more info?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the options suggested but none of them worked...

I'm thinking of creating a program to include a new material at each order before billing, the material description is freight charges and it will be invoiced as a normal material, but as the item category is different from the normal items it will go to a different account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried this option but the fixed freight chagre is getting change in billing for parcial delivery.

is there any SAP standard option to get this requirement.

Client dont want to use rouite or exit user option chages in coding.

We have tried with all ways i.e. stting at condition type, copy control VTFA, VTLF etc. but the amount is geeting split in delivery and billing while change in material qty.

Request you ple take this matter on high priority and confirm.

regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Copy condition HDOO as ZHDO in T.code V/06 and change the calculation type to "B" Fix value. Since in standard HD00 the calculation type is "D" Gross Weight.

Not to mention you need to place new condition in pricing.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did this solution solve your problems? I have the same problem and I have set Calculation type to B "fixed" but when you have one quantity in the order and then change that quantity in the delivery the fixed amount will change.

I have found this Note and it feels like the Condition type only works when the quantity is same in the order and the delivery. The Note doesnu2019t give a solution for this problem but has anyone solved this in any other way? E.g. with a requirement or with a userexit?

Here are some text from the note :

"This note describes the response of condition types set up with calculation type 'B' (fixed amount) during copying activities between documents.

Condition rate (KBETR), condition base value (KAWRT) and condition value (KWERT) of these conditions are adjusted quantity-based during copy activities that is, they are multiplied with the quotient of 'old quantity' and 'new quantity'.

Consequently, the response with calculation type 'Fixed amount' differs from the response of calculation types, for example, 'C' (quantity), 'F' (volume), 'D' (gross weight) or 'E' (net weight).For condition types which have this calculation type, the condition rate can be copied unchanged. The correct condition value adjusted on a quantity basis results during the valuation by a multiplication of the condition rate and the (new) condition base value.

Example

You bill 20 pieces of a material of a sales order item with 50 pieces.

Among other things, the pricing procedure this is based on includes the following two condition types:

Price PR00 Calculation type 'C' Quantity

Absolute discount RB00 Calculation type 'B' Fixed amount

The following result of pricing occurs in the sales order (extract):

Cond.amount Cond.amount Cond.base value Cond.value

PROO 40.00 EUR by per 1 PC 50,000 PC 2000.00 EUR

RB00 300.00 EUR 200.000 300,00 EUR

The following result of pricig occurs in the billing document due to the partial billing (extract):

Cond.type Cond.amount Cond.base value Cond.value

PROO 40,00 EUR per 1 ST 20.000 ST 800,00 EUR

RB00 120,00 EUR 80.000 120,00 EUR"

Best Regards Kristoffer P

kelly_honeycutt
Explorer
0 Kudos

kelly_honeycutt
Explorer
0 Kudos