cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output determination: Analog of function MESSAGING needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Function MESSAGING executes output determination using condition technique and creates records in table NAST.

Does a similar function exist that only reads the conditions and return a NAST-like internal table without updating NAST in the database?

Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try ISP_NAST_READ, you can "fool" it by entering the first 4 characters of OBJKY in the OBJECT_TYPE and the rest in the OBJECT_ID field.

Also in transaction SM37 check the function modules that start from NAST (NAST*) or use 'Where used' button in SE11 on NAST table (check the 'Function module interface' checkbox). I didn't see anyting useful though...

In the worst case it would be very easy to write a custom FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lena!

But it is not what I'm looking for.

I need a FM that scans output determination conditions (tables T682I, B*). The content of NAST is irrelevant for me.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, there is no function module, which would read T682I and present it in form of a NAST structure or table. There are some FMs that read T682I (they may be identified by using 'Where used' feature, as described above), but none of them provides the data in the NAST format.