cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Inspection Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

In this scenario all the material master changes trigger a workflow which is to be approved by respective approvers. The client is using a custom program for this. When the client is trying to add Inspection Type 08 to a particular material, system gives an error To activate QM, the inspection stock for the material must be empty

When I add the Inspection Type directly in QM View of Material Master, the system allows me to do this. Even when I do this using transaction QA08, the system doesnt throws any error and the inspection type gets added to the material.

Please throw some light on why the system gives the above mentioned error when the user is trying this through the Z transaction.

Regards,

Manish Saraswat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In QA08, there is one check box "Activate Despite Inspection Stock". This takes care of your problem.

Make sure this functionality is included in your development specification.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Actually the problem is there in the message you have written in BOLD. I mean you must have some stock under quality inspection for the material already. In this condition as hemant have correctly suggested you to do it by using the "Activate Despite Inspection Stock", it will activate the inspection type also, but then also you will be in need to clear the stock that laying in the code manually or by canceling the material document. So it's my advice to do it simultaneously, the document cancellation (that is responsible for Quality stock) and then activate the inspection type, then re-post the stock. that will have you the lot also.

update us to help you more, reward points to help you better!

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Thanks a lot for all your help and replies. I have one more query.

I have inspection stock for this material in several batches. When I activated this inspection in Material Master, I didnt get any message. The system added and activated the inspection type without any errors.

Same happened in QA08. Even when I didnt check the option Activate despite inspection stock the system activated this inspection type.

Can you please let me know how this happened.

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add an Inspection type to a material, if there is no inspection stock for the material in the plant, where you are activating the inspection type. Hence, you have following 2 options -

1) Make the inspection stock as zero in the plant. Then activate the required inspection type.

2) Activate the insepction type by marking tick at 'Activate despite inspection stock'.

Regards,

Prashant