cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few fundamental Question- Project IMG and BBPs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have few basic question and will appreciate answers ,. points will be awarded as well.

1. Is there any difference between Enterprise IMG and Project IMG ( or is there any thing such as Enterprise IMG exists in Solman).

2. Can scope of project IMG be changed once it has been creted and saved. ( if yes then Steps plz)

3.How to create BBP nodes in Solar02 based on Project IMG.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

1. there is actually nor enterprise IMG anymore since I think 4.6x. Before we had a Reference IMG from which you could scope the Enterprise IMG from which you could scope the Project IMG. Now we only have Reference and Project IMG.

2. Yes it can be changed with SPRO_ADMIN the same way as it is done on creating a project.

3. There is no way to generate structure nodes from Project IMG into SOLAR01 or 02. But you can copy IMG nodes (either Reference or Proect IMG) with value help on the configuration tab in SOLAR02. When A Project IMG is created in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN this project IMG will be offered for copying.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Points awarded to Srini and Andread...

Regarding BBP , I am making my question more clearer as.

If you have selected scope and roadmap of your project, then have created Project IMG. After doing all this when you come to SOLAR01 , why are ther then you again creating nodes ( Blue Print structure) for each process. Should not this come from Project IMG Created earlier OR we have to have define each Business Process (Structure eg. DOWN PAYMENT REQUEST etc ) here .

REgrads

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should go to the structure tab of SOLAR01 on node "Scenatios" and select Scenarios from the value help (Business Process Repository). For some applications you also find Configuration structures in SOLAR02 on node "Configuration" via the Value help. The point of assigning a project IMG is that you then can set statuses and write docuentation in the project IMG in the configured system as well as in Solman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

1. In simple terms, Project IMG is a sub-set of Enterprise IMG, based on what you scope in. It can also be a mirror image of Enterprise IMG (meaning - all entries can be included in Project IMG). If you go to SPRO transaction in the given satellite system (R/3, CRM ...), you'll find different icons in front of each IMG node, under Project IMG - that is to let you 'document' your activities. Enterprise IMG is the core or reference IMG that SAP provides out of the box.

2. Yes. it can be changed. But, I am unable to list steps here

3. By BBP nodes in SOLAR02, what did you mean ? I have heard the term BPP (Business Process Procedure) or BB (Business Blueprint). Can you elaborate please.

Also, the whole topic of Project IMG Vs. Enterprise IMG is about the satellite system involved and not on SolMan's own configuration.

Regards,

Srini