Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Assignments.

I have to assign a value to a field based on taxonomy field.For eg: IF say category we have

Category

_Tools

_Hand Tools

_ Machine Tools

|_SERVICE

|_ Repair

|_ Maintenance

Now if Category is SERVICE then field S1 shud be Service item else no.

What can be the Assignment expression since SERVICE is a intermediate node

Regards

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am assuming Service Item is a value for your Field S1 of type text.

you want for maintable record when you select category = SERVICE your field S1 get Populated with Service Item.

It is achievable in two ways:

1. using Attribute

you need to associate(link) your Category SERVICE with Attribute of type Text having Name say S1 and in Attribute Detail Add Text Service Item.

so in this way you dnt need to create extra field say S1 in you maintable, Evertime when you select category = SERVICE Attribute link with it S1 comes automatically in Record Detail from where you can select value Service Item

2. using Assignments Create Assignment having anyname with Table Field Property = S1, in assignment expression write expression as:

IF(FIND(Category.Name, "SERVICE"),"Service Item", "")

Hope it will Help you,

Please mark the Thread as Answered if your query solved....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the assignment ,however it dint work,

I have a doubt while creating the assignment what field should i consider for category is it the category record or category parent or child

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

It shud be Category parent. Please let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha

In this case go for defining attribute which you can link to the nodes. This will automatically take care while creating data in MDM. Also if you create field with assignments its FILL rate will be low as it may not be used by all records.

for writing assignment on Nodes you also need to use Branch in assignment expression.

Award if useful

regards

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for writing assignment on Nodes you also need to use Branch in assignment expression

Firstly, Branch comes into picture when we have to make use of Attributes, i mean when we want to write Assignments on Attributes too. So, for assignments on Nodes you dnt need to use Branch.

I tried the assignment ,however it dint work,

I have a doubt while creating the assignment what field should i consider for category is it the category record or category parent or child

As i said above there are two ways of achieving it.

From my side this assignment is working Perfectly. You dnt need to confuse about category record or category parent or child.

when your main table record get linked with Category only leaf nodes can be selected. so when you are selecting SERVICE then it could be selected in Main table if and only if either it is leaf node or it does not have any child.

IF(FIND(Category.Name, "SERVICE"),"Service Item", "")

Service written in the above expression is Case Sensitive, so while writing Assignment Expression write same to same as it is under Categories table name. for example if it is wriiten as SerVice then in assignment expression write as

IF(FIND(Category.Name, "SerVice"),"Service Item", "")

otherwise it won't work. it will return Service Item for all of your Category selected as SERVICE in main table record for the rest it will return nothing mean the field S1 contains blank.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case SERVICE is not the leaf node .IT has two child node say repair & maintenance below it.

Category

|_Tools

| |_Hand Tools

| |_ Machine Tools

|

|_SERVICE

|_ Repair

|_ Maintenance

I tried using category parent name but it dint work.

Any other idea abt this.

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha Lalwani on Jul 1, 2008 10:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case SERVICE is not the leaf node .IT has two child node say repair & maintenance below it.

Then there are two ways of doing it:

you can write Assignment Expression as:

IF(FIND(Category.Name, "repair") OR FIND(Category.Name, "maintenanace"),"Service Item", "")

OR

IF(FIND(Category..Name, "SERVICE"),"Service Item", "")

Both the Assignments are working fine on my side.

Please rewards for Helpful answers to motivate SDN Users.

Hope it will Help you,

Mandeep Saini