cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWAP space on AIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

As i am going through the implementation phase where i have to setup ECC6.0 on AIX5.3 with 16GB of RAM, wanted to ask you couple of doubts as mentioned below.

1. How much Paging space size should i allocate

2. we are going to install DEV and QAC on one server (i mean one AIX box) so in this case the how should i consider allocating the Paging space,

(for example, if i allocate paging size=3*RAM for DEV on AIX box is considered to be OK, But i have QAC also which is to be installed on same box, so in this case do i have to increase the Paging space ?)

Kindly advice as i am miserably stuck..

Regards

Aayush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check SAP Note 1121904 - SAP on AIX: Recommendations for paging space

For DEV and QAS on same server.

Paging Space Size = 20GB for the first SAP Instance

+ 10GB for each additional active SAP Instance

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal,

I went through the note 1121904, found it quite usefil

1. so you mean in total i have to setup 30GB of paging space size on AIX box for DEV and QAC (am i right)

2. ALso i would like to know that the entire 30GB of paging size has to be set up in one go or i have to see on which partitions i am installing DEV and QAC.

What i am trying to ask you here is 20GB of paging size on one partition where i have DEV installed and 10 GB of paging size on other partition where i have QAC installed

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Ayush

georg_leffers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the paging space requirements always refer to one running OS image. So if you are using LPARs on your IBM server and install one SAP system to the first LPAR and another SAP system in the second LPAR you have to provide at least 20GB paging space for each AIX image. Please also take into account the paging space requirements for the database if you are running a two tier setup.

1. so you mean in total i have to setup 30GB of paging space size on AIX box for DEV and QAC (am i right)

This is true if DEV and QAC are running in one AIX image (plus the paging space requirements for the DB instance).

What i am trying to ask you here is 20GB of paging size on one partition where i have DEV installed and 10 GB of paging size on other partition where i have QAC installed

The paging spce is related to the running OS image. So if running each SAP system in a separate LPAR calculate the paging space separatly for each OS image.

Regards, Georg