cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcsi issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We have two types of contract one is where revenue is recognised in a standard way and another is where revenue is recognised in service based.While running mcsi report which convert all the currency into USD(our stattiscal currency) the amount of standard revenue contract does'nt change even change in exchange rate but the amount of service based revenue got changed as per the change in the exchange rate.

Where actually data is being stored of MCSI.And why not the value of standard revenue contract not changing.

Thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you go into MCSI transaction, you have to choose an info structure, correct? (They have names like Snnn, e.g. S501.) There are the database tables with exactly the same name, that's where the data is stored. Note also that there might be different "versions", 000 is always the actual data.

When configuring the info structure there is an option which currency to use - "statistical", local, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the reply but query is when we run MCSI report the data which MCSI gave us was stored in a table for one contract type and for another contract type it is not storing.The contract type fpr which it is storing is a quantity contract and the contract type for which it is not storing is a value contract.

Any setting in sap where i can storing data of quantity contract type?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a transaction MCVCHECK01 that checks the update configuration consistency. You can enter the document type and check what updates exist for it.

When I need to track why SIS was not updated, I usually go through these steps:

1) Check the update for individual document (there are several transaction, e.g. MCVR is for orders)

2) Check STAFO (= update group) field in VBAP/VBRP, etc. tables, depending on the document type. If STAFO is not blank, then SIS table was not updated either because the update group is not applicable to it or there is a requirement that prevented the update. For requirements, check update definitions in MC26.

3) If STAFO is blank, check if 'statistics group' is set in the customer and material master record. Both customer and material must have a statistics group.

4) If this is present, check configuration in SPRO:

- statistics group assignment for document type (header and line level)

- update group assignment on header and line level.

General path in SPRO:

Logistics General -> Logistics Information System (LIS) -> Logistics Data Warehouse -> Updating -> Updating Control -> Settings: Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the reply its very helpful

Mine isssue is like suppose if i do invoicing on 31/07/2008 and we have exchange rate of 25/07/2008 maintained in currency table not of 31/07/2008.So the system will pick the exchange rate of 25/07/2008 and convert it accordingly in MCSI.But if we maintain exchange rate for 31/07/2008 and run MCSI.The MCSI shows the same data as per exchange rate 25/07/2008 not as per 31/07/2008 for one contract for other contract it is showing as per 31/07/2008 the updated exchange rate.The difference in revenue recognition method of both the contract is :- the contract which is showing the updated exchange rate i.e.as per 31/07/2008 we rocognise revenue by vf44 and the contract which is showing same data however you change the exchange rate of the same date i.e.25/07/2008 we recognise revenue by standard method i.e. vf02(release to accounting).It shows the same data when the MCSI run for the first time for that contract.Means for this contract the value of MSCI get stored in a table and when we run MCSI again it pick that value without considering the updated exchange rate.Now we don't want it to store the value of MCSI?It should as per the new exchange rate.

Thanx in advance