cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can some body tell me the topics covered under technical SRM.

Also please tell me as an ABAPer is it manageble to learn SRM functional and become a SRM functional consultant.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a SRM technical developer,you need to be confortable working with certain tools like Workflows, Enhancments in particular.Also as SRM is a web based tool ,additional knowledge of web based technologies like ITS,HTML,BSP's ,Enterprise portal is plus.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Programming in SRM is based on different technologies like ABAP, ITS, BSP, Webdynpro. Its more technical as compared to any basic modules of SAP like MM. Definitely, if you are a technical consultant and get a chance to work on SRM implementation project, you have a good chances of becoming a techno-functional consultant.

Apart from these, other technical areas in SRM are IDOCS, XML, Workflows, Smartforms, Badi's, etc.

If you dont have MM functional background, you can try getting into SRM by workig on implementation project. There are many such consultanmts in the industry.

I hope this gives you direction to take a decision.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

the technical points in SRM:

integration with ECC or NON SAP system (RFCs, distribution models)

XI set up (repositorys, message mapping)

workflow analysis, custom WF if required

ITS templates, BSP modifications

Screen varients

ABAP coding in BADI

custom programmes, transactions, layouts

If you have some MM functional and domain experience it is easier to understand.

can start with

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/8d/f6a93e08503614e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

BR

Dinesh