cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion on PLM for newbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i am Strong Portal Developer with Webdynpro , Java , ABAP , little bit of HR. I would like change my career into PLM . Is it easy to get started on a job after SAP official training on PLM? or do we definitely need to have solid exp in PLM area to start with. Please advice

Radhika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. mySAP PLM is purely depending on Functional.

2. If you want change to mySAP PLM , better learn PS module.

3. Take trainig with certification at SAP authorised training centers only.

4. Also, look in to the mySAP PLM prodcut, before taking decision.

http://service.sap.com/plm and http://help.sap.com-->mySAP PLM.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

As you have introduced your self as strong developer and ABAPer, I am very sure that your will have very good hands over entire functionality of PLM modules soon after the academic training.

Now come to the some important aspects are, basically when we think or talk about ERP!, the first and most important thing that should come in to it is "INTEGRATION", means it is very necessary to understand the PLM integrates to where and how to other functions also. And to understand it at the best way is to understand the business flow. E.g. to go with QM or PM you first try to understand the important the necessity of inspection, the methodology to sample, the impact and process flow of discrepancy of rejection etc. That will feel you more comfort when you'll be there somewhere on live project or as support or even in the academic profession.

So as conclusion:

According to me I have no doubt that you'll do well and easy to grab the expertise over the SAP technical function of PLM. But you can reach there ever easier if you thoroughly understand the Business flow and integration.

Best OF Luck!!!

Regards,

Shyamal