cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A reversal for sales docs was carried out in our system. The billing document was reversed using VF11. This was done successfully. Goods movemnent was reversed using VL09. This was also ok. The delivery was then deleted using VL02N and the original sales doc was deleted using VA02. So far so good. Now, when I check the invoice using VF03, the document is still there. Using VF11 to cancel it shows processing status as Incorrect. Error log states that document does not exist. If it doesn't exist then why is it opening in VF11? Document flow for this shows that the delivery document is archived. The invoice is showing as completed and the subsequent accounting document is still showing with a status of cleared.

Incidentally, when the reversal was first carried out we initially tried to reverse the accounting document. The system would not let us do this and gave a message that the doc had not been posted from financial accounting rather it was of type 'Billing document' and to reverse the original document, i.e. the invoice. So this was done, resulting in the current situation. How can this be solved? Please help. Thanks.

Regards

PS. I have just checked that the reversal invoice (S1) is still showing as open in the system. When I try to release to accounting it gives a message that automatic clearing of billing document and canc doc. not possible and posting period 004 2008 is not open. Please help.

Edited by: Khan Awkhan on Jun 27, 2008 6:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

once you cancel the invoice you will get two doucment types in the invoice list one is the cancellation invoice, another is the normal invoice. Once you cancel the invoice again no need to send to accounting department. reverse the accounting entries yousing the transaction fb08 with the help of finance member you will get it.

cancellation invoice no need to post in accounting department.

Thanks & Regards

points will be rewarded if it is help ful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried reversal in FB08. Again its giving the message cannot reverse in financial accounting reverse original document, i.e. invoice. But I have already posted an invoice reversal which I am not able to release to accounting. Suggestions?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no need to cancel original invoice document. You can not cancel the original document since you have already generated the cancellation document through VF11.

What is needed is releasing S1 document to accounting. In your case since the billing date of S1 document is in past document is not getting posted to accounts due to period close. In this situation you can only open the past period and release the S1 document to accounts or post the S1 document in current date. This will solve all your problem.

Rewared if helpful

Vijay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Even though u cancel the invoice but still the document will be existed. When u cancel the invoice it will gerenate one more cancel billing document number..

If u look at document flow it will show one is invoice number and the other one is cancel invoice number..Any how there will be two documents one is normal invoice and the other one is cancel invoice....

For cancel invoice it is not posted to accounting that is the reason its showing open..

As per your error, the billing date of cancel invoice is showing paste date that was already posting closed for that peroid..Thats why it is not posting to accounting..

if u want the u have to open that posting peroiod with the help of FI consultant then post it..

Regards

sankar