cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functions in CC 5.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted earlier how I am getting very different results when I run a Risk Analysis in CC 4.0 and CC 5.2. Basically, for HCM and SCM roles, when I run an analysis in CC 4.0 I get expected results, but when I run an analysis in 5.2, I get "No Matching Records". I am using the SAP delivered Global Rule Set.

I then started to compare the rule sets between 4.0 and 5.2 and that created a lot of confusion. In 4.0, when I display a function, I see a list of transaction codes and I can look at the object values and see if those values are enabled or not. In 5.2, when I display a function, I do not see a list of transactions codes but actions such as "HR_MANAGE_HIRES". I then look at the Permissions tab. Usually, I only see similar list of "actions" that are not tcodes. If their are tcodes listed, typically all of the auth objects are disabled. I then enable them, thinking that because they are disabled I am getting "No Matching Records" in my Risk Analysis, and the tcodes completely disappear from the function.

Thus, I have a few questions:

1. Why am I not typically seeing tcodes in the action tab of the functions?

2. Why are the permissions of any tcodes that I see disabled in the Global Rule Set?

3. Why are the tcodes/auth object values disappearing from the function if I make a change (such as enable) the auth object values?

4. Is this probably the reason I am getting "No Matching Records" for my Risk Analysis in 5.2?

Thanks so much for your response!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a simple answer for you.

You have loaded the Peoplesoft Ruleset and not the SAP ruleset.

HR_MANAGE_HIRES is part of function HR03 in the peoplesoft ruleset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry. But this is really funny!

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its for sure that rules what you are defining in CC is not effective. Due to which, its not showng proper results.

However, as far as my knowlege goes, I think I have seen proper action/permission tabs and it values! I am not sure b'coz I dont have 5.2 screen as of now and cannot check the same at my end.

Very Strange!

Regrads,

Faisal