cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 710 Inst - Keydb.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done numerous NW04 and NW7 installations and am used to modifying the keydb.xml file during installation errors. I am sure all you have done that too. In order to skip a step, would just stop Sapinst and edit the keydb.xml file and change the step with ERROR to OK and proceed.

Now, I am installing PI 710 and as expected it is trying to extract the Oracle Client. I already have a client extracted on this server and I just want to skip this step. I am not able to do this normally as keydb.xml has no ERROR starus for any step and looks totally different here.

I didnt find any step with ERROR in keydb.xml which looks totally different. I see some different files in the instalation folder too.

Whats up with this? What has SAP changed? How to skip steps here?

Please dont tell me that SAP has taken away our freedom for Custom installations?

Thanks

Cyrus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes I tried that too and it doesnt work.

I had to provide the Oracle client SAR file to continue. There is no way around this.

And it also went ahead and extracted the client even though a few screens earlier you can choose which files to extract and which not and the oracle client was uncheked but I guess it doesnt matter to sapinst and it goes ahead and does exactly what I didnt want it to do. Sucks really.

But anyway, thats how it is.

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cyrus,

Have you tried calling sapinst with the option SKIP_ERROR=True ?

Thia may alow you to bypass the current error,

Regards,

David