cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to debug locally

Former Member
0 Kudos

when trying to run the debugger by pressing F5 in visual studio I get the following error:

Build...

-

Build PortalApplication2 : Done -

Handle Ascx Files ...

-

Handle Ascx Files : Done -

Creating portalapp.xml ...

-

Creating portalapp.xml : Done -

Creating par zip file ...

D:\Documents and Settings\tiberiu.sasu\Application Data\SAP Portal\ep_deploy_bd8bc852-e1ae-4818-882a-c8ec23486767\PortalApplication2.par

Deploy to portal...

Portal: Server00

Host: ACC1JRYG61

Port: 8050

UserName: ACC1JRYG61\tiberiu.sasu

The operation has timed-out.

-

Deployment failed. -

Increasing the timeout value for Server00 does not help.

I am using Visual Studio.NET 2003 and the runtime installed on the same machine; hotfix is applied; the verification tool did not report any errors.

Server00 is started in MMC and the Windows service

"SAP NetWeaver Portal Runtime 1.0 Patch 3 for Microsoft .NET Server00" is running. I have no connection to a Portal server and I have not installed any Portal servers on my local machine.

Any idea what is going on?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

The port you define in the portal node (in the server explorer) to connect to the EP should be the normal EP port (usually 50000), not the port used by the .NET run-time (8050).

Hope that helps, If not, give me more details.

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ofer,

when I change the port for the

ServerExplorer->SAP->Portals->Server00 in Visual Studio from 8050 to 50000 (or to any other value different from 8050 for that matter) I get the following error: "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."

Not sure if it helps, but after I close the error window and after the debugger process (ep.exe) ends, I get the following 3 errors in Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: PortalDesign

Event Category: None

Event ID: 0

Date: 26/12/2005

Time: 9:23:28 PM

User: N/A

Computer: ACC1JRYG61

Description:

General Information

Additional Info:

ex.StackTrace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at SAP.Portal.Design.PortalWebService.DotNetDesignTimeService.isPortalInDebugMode()

at SAP.Portal.Design.AddIn.AddInEntery.RunPortalApplication(Project currentProject)

at SAP.Portal.Design.AddIn.AddInEntery.DebuggerOnEnterRunMode(dbgEventReason Reason)

ex.Source: System

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Net.WebException

Response: NULL

Message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

TargetSite: Void CheckFinalStatus()

HelpLink: NULL

Source: System

StackTrace Information

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at SAP.Portal.Design.PortalWebService.DotNetDesignTimeService.isPortalInDebugMode()

at SAP.Portal.Design.AddIn.AddInEntery.RunPortalApplication(Project currentProject)

at SAP.Portal.Design.AddIn.AddInEntery.DebuggerOnEnterRunMode(dbgEventReason Reason)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: PortalFramework

Time: 9:23:56 PM

Description:

General Information

Additional Info:

Problem: Port number 8050 is already in use by another application.

Server Instance: Debug

Proposed Solution: Change the allocated port number in the Management Console

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

ErrorCode: 10048

NativeErrorCode: 10048

Message: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

TargetSite: Void StartListening(System.Object)

Source: System.Runtime.Remoting

StackTrace Information

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.SetupChannel()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IClientChannelSinkProvider clientSinkProvider, IServerChannelSinkProvider serverSinkProvider)

at SAP.Portal.Framework.Host.PortalHost.RemotingConfig(Int32 port)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: PortalFramework

Time: 9:23:56 PM

Description:

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

ErrorCode: 10048

NativeErrorCode: 10048

Message: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

TargetSite: Void StartListening(System.Object)

Source: System.Runtime.Remoting

StackTrace Information

Server stack trace:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at SAP.Portal.Framework.Host.PortalHost.Start(HostData hostData)

at SAP.Portal.Framework.PortalInstance.Server.Start(Int32 port)

at SAP.Portal.Framework.PortalInstance.Server.Main(String[] args)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I said port 50000 as only an example of the port the <b>SAP Enterprise Portal (and J2EE server)</b> works on.

From your error we can see that what fails is the <u>deployment to the portal</u>, which is why you can't debug/run. I assume that if you do a "deploy" (See the SAP menu) you will get the same error.

Make sure :

- That you have a running Enterprise Portal in server ACC1JRYG61.

- That you know what port it is using (50000?)

- That you can access it using the browser on your computer (URL like http://ACC1JRYG61:50000/irj) using the user and password you configured in the portal node in the server explorer

- That you don't have a firewall that is preventing this access (to the port), or that a proxy is configured correctly.

- That this portal is of the right version (depends on PDK patch level you use, see documentation for more details).

- That someone have successfully deployed the 2 SDA's needed to this portal (see installation documentation).

To understand more maybe you can look at the Runtime Environment document in the documentation (Getting started->Overview->Runtime Environment)

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ofer,

you are correct. If I do a deploy I get the same error.

ACC1JRYG61 is my laptop which does not have a running EP, but it does have the .NET runtime installed.

Do I need a full installation of EP in order to debug iViews locally? Is there another option that allows me to debug locally without having to install EP?

From the Installation guide I was under the impression that a .NET runtime is sufficient (maybe I am wrong as this is not explained very well in the Guide).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

Yes, an EP is a must. See: "3.3. Hardware and Software Requirements" in the installation guide.

Since you are developing iViews that run in an EP, by by the EP, you can't avoid it.

<b>Note:</b> that this doesn't mean you need this EP installation on your laptop, but you do need access to a valid portal which you can configure and deploy to

Regards,

Ofer

Message was edited by: Ofer Feldman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

Please mark this question (and others...) as "solved", so other users can know it was answered. You can do this by clicking the star icon near the answer/s you think have helped/solved/etc'

Regards,

Ofer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

me again. this is the error detailed description in the Event Viewer generated when I press F5 (debug) in Visual Studio:

Event Source: PortalDesign

Time: 12:34:53 PM

Description:

General Information

Additional Info:

ex.StackTrace: at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

ex.Source: System.Web.Services

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Net.WebException

Response: NULL

Message: The underlying connection was closed: The server committed an HTTP protocol violation.

TargetSite: System.Net.WebResponse GetWebResponse(System.Net.WebRequest)

Source: System.Web.Services

StackTrace Information

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)