cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configtool.bat and go.bat error... :-(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to start configtool.bat, and i get the following message on command:

The system can not find the path specified.

Program terminated abnormally...

Press any key to continue

Can some one help me with this... please dont mind if this is a basic question... as I am very new to BASIS...

Regards,

Nadh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other thing to check is which account you are using to login. Try the [sid]adm account since that will have all the needed environment settings.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevi and Hi Joe,

Thank you for your quick reply,

I have tried checking the classpath and JAVA_HOME.... and also I am logged in as system administrator...

But, still I get the same error...

/Nadh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you manually run the contents of the .bat file, line by line?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Tried executing the commands individually...

and this command fails:

%JAVA_CMD% -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Duser.language=en -classpath .\lib\launcher.jar;. com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool ./lib/

endlocal

Regards,

Nadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like we need to verify two things.

First, is the O/S system variable JAVA_HOME set? if so, what's it set to? (my computer > properties > advanced > env variables

Second, from the folder where you are running the configtool.bat, is there a sub folder called lib containing the file launcher.jar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin and Hi Joe,

Sorry for replying so late...

Problem with JAVA_HOME value, value was set wrong, and its i am able to do it now.

Thank you very much for kind support.

Regards,

Nadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very welcome!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you say me, what you have set the JAVE_HOME Value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

look at the contents of the .bat file and manually run the command in a cmd prompt, you'll see what's wrong with it. Most likely it's a path issue.