cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems in Installing the SAP router

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a SAP SOLMAN 4.0 SR9 installing in windows 2003 with MSSQl 2005.I have a prob installing the SAP ROUTER.Could you please check the steps which i followed according to the document in BCCSTROUT(SAP ROUTER).pdf.

1)created a new directory in c:\usr\sap\saprouter and extracted the file "saprouter_1-20002351.sar" using SAPCAR -xvf saprouter_1-20002351.sar then i can see the two files saprouter.exe and niping.exe in the folder.

2)Then in the next step i use the command

C:\usr\sap\saprouter>ntscmgr install SAProuter -b c:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter

.exe -p "service -r<parameter>"

CreateService SUCCESS

and i can see the service in services.msc but when i click on start i was getting the error like

"could not start the SAProuter service on local computer."

Error:14001 the application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

Please help me how to solve the problem with detailed steps.

Regards,

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> C:\usr\sap\saprouter>ntscmgr install SAProuter -b c:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter

> .exe -p "service -r<parameter>"

> CreateService SUCCESS

Did you write "-r<parameter>" or did you fill in something? This <parameter> is a placeholer for the parameters you need, e. g. the saprouttab file.

see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4f/992dab446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i use this command

ntscmgr install SAProuter -b c:\usr\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -V3 -S 3299 -R c:\usr\saprouter\saprouttab"

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

Did you change the registry parameter as in the link I gave you?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya markus i did it but it doesnt help i was trying the 7.10 version but now i got installed with 7.00 verison i dont know whats the difference.Not the serverice got started after installing the 7.00 version, What is the the difference?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

7.10 is built with a newer compiler, you may not have the necessary DLLs in place. Neverless, 7.00 is still actual and supported.

Markus

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

How did you solved this issue?

Regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You´re on the right way - you just miss the most important step: you need to create a saprouttab. check the attachment to note 30289 - SAProuter documentation

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi markus ,

I also created the sample file saprouttab in the same directory then i run the ntscmgr command i forget to mention in the previous message.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if you have a file "dev_rout" in the directory you installed the saprouter.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i didn't find that file what to do now markus.