cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worflow inbox - Error when starting submethod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am working on PO workflow, when a user gets a work item to approve the PO. As we click on the item we are getting a pop up saying "Error when starting submethod" . The title of the popup is information and Message no. SWF_RUN637.

can anyone please tell me what could be the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Natraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NM,

was any fowarding of workitem done, as I had this issue, where workitem was forwarded to a user who didnt have any authorization to execute the workitem and when that user tried to execute it, he received the same error.

Hope it helps.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give access to Tcode SWO_ASYNC, it should be working with it.

Thanks,

Sheenam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please analyse the Workflow Log from SWIA and try to check from the Business Object what method you are executing by reading the container element value.

Thanks]

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

Could not find anything in SWIA , the workflow is working fine but i am getting this popup message when i click on the work item.

I tried to debug and see what is happening and found an exception (CX_SWF_RUN_WIM) occurred

Message no. TPDA430.

which is popping up the message,

Thanks

Natraj

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Verify if you have specified any secondary methods.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IA

Update i see a secondary method in the workflow task. I am no longer using it ,If i remove it - i think it will resolve this issue.

Thanks for ur replies

Nat

Edited by: nataraju maheshwaram on Jun 26, 2008 3:36 PM

Edited by: nataraju maheshwaram on Jun 26, 2008 3:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same error i am also getting in approving appropriation request of CEP workflows. Please elaborate how you have deleted the secondary method.

Thanks in advance.

Rakesh