cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Mobile 7.1 Ramp up - transporting SWCV's and Data Objects

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to transport a SWCV and the corresponding data objects to our QAS system. We created a package (under a super package), and then double-clicked the SWCV and added it to a transport. We then transported the packages we had created over to the QAS system. Nothing shows up in the DOE Workbench except for the SWCV name.

Even more strangely (and this most likely explains the above), when going to SE80 and looking for the contents of these packages, there is nothing in there! Even though these packages are assigned to the Data Object and SWCV in the attributes. Any ideas on what the problem is here?

Any help is greatly appreciated! The changes that were made were saved to transports but in a haphazard manner.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention: The DOE Workbench is the only place where you can see DOE objects, so thats not the problem

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the objects were captured in transports. The problem is, they were captured in a haphazard fashion across multiple transports where one would delete an object then recreate it, etc. In other words, a real mess. I released the transports. So you are saying there is no way to completely create a new transport containing the SWCV and all it's objects? You should be able to build a transport from scratch with all of these objects.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

We can create a request with the objects.

Follow the steps to include the objects in the request.

1. Create a request in SE01.
2. Goto contents of the request by clicking on the *Display* button in SE01.
3. Select the request which was created in step1.
4. Click on *Include Objects* (CTRL + F11) from application tool bar.
5. Select *Freely Selected Objects* option from the pop-up displayed.
6. Select *Selected Objects* option from the screen. This option will be available in the group *Selections by Type and Name*.
7. Select the empty line from the selection area and provide the values. The values to be provided as follows.
          Object type - MSCV for SWCV
                              MMBO for Data Object
                              MBEA for Backend adapter
                              MWDM for Distribution models
          Object name - Unique identifier (This value can be retrieved from workbench-SDOE_WB).
          (i) Goto SDOE_WB.
          (ii) Double click on the SWCV which has to be included in the request.
          (iii) Select *Goto*->*Object directory* entry from the menu bar.
          (iv) pop-up will be displayed with the value which needs to be put it in the *Object name* text box.

NOTE: Make sure that the values are copied properly.

8. Provide all the values and click on *execute* button in application tool bar.
9. Click on *Save in Request* button to add the object to the request which was created in step 1.

Now we can see the objects in the request under Object List of Request.

I will suggest to add the SWCV and Data objects in one request and

Backend adapter and Distribution models in another request.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are having a serious problem while trying to use this method:

1. We transported the package (and super package) that the SWCV data was supposed to be stored in.

2. Created a transport with all of the objects from the SWCV including the following (this method was from this post).

MSCV for the SWCV

MMBO for the Data Object

MBEA for the Backend Adapter

MWDM for Distribution Model

I created the transport manually and inserted the object ids in the fields which I got from going to the DOE Workbench, double-clicking on the object, and using u201CGoto Object directory entryu201D.

I transferred all objects at once first, but for some reason two Data objects would not go through at the same time. When I released the transport one was removed (and there was no warning about a lock being held in another transport).

I didnu2019t receive all of the information from this post which stated at the end to send the SWCV and Data Objects in one transport, and the Backend Adapters and Distribution Model in another transport (2 transports).

I then tried the technique above, but it still would not let two data objects be transported at the same time. So, I transported them individually and followed the rest of the method above. Now we have 2 of the same distribution models, a backend adapter that shows up in the workbench but which doesnu2019t even exist. When we try to use the merge tool for the bad object (the one containing the phantom adapter), no matter what we try, u201Cmergeu201D, u201Csourceu201D, or u201Ctargetu201D nothing happens.

It appears that this SWCV is completely inconsistent, but there doesn't appear any way to delete or make it consistent. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which SP are you on? And could you paste logs of your before export and after import runs?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not only the SWCV, but objects within it are also transportable entities. Were all the objects locked in the transport request?

If not, they will not be transported at all.

You can find out if all objects were transported by looking at the Transport Request, and making sure that the entries in it correspond to the object directory entry for each of the objects within the SWCV.