cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTA for WAS 7.0 (VIRSANH vs. VIRSAHR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reading the pre-implementation Guide for "SAP GRC Access Control Version 5.2". In section 3.1.1 it states "Install the HR RTA if there is an HR component in the system (Check the SPAM transaction in the ABAP stack for the HR component.) .The screenshot below shows the imported VIRSA HR and VIRSA NHR RTA s via transaction SPAM."

The system I am working on has HR configured along with other modules. They only have VIRSANH installed and the Basis team says that with 5.2 VIRSANH is for HR and Non-HR and only one RTA needs to be applied.

Can anyone verify that this is true? Or do we need both VIRSANH and VIRSAHR installed on the backend?

Thanks,

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Peggy-

For non-HR systems, you only need to install the VIRSANH RTA. For HR systems, you need to install BOTH the VIRSANH and VIRSAHR RTA's.

So you need to install both...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Basis folks say that that was true for WAS 6.40 but not for WAS 7.0. Can you just verify that both are needed for WAS 7.0 since I didn't mention the release level in my earlier post?

Thanks,

Peggy

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on WAS 7.0 and that was what my Basis guy told me...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

it applies to all versions that you have to install VIRSANH for all systems and additionally VIRSAHR if SAP_HR module is installed (even if not used).

You can see that the HR part is much smaller than the VIRSANH and is regarded as additional part for communication with HR.

Please install BOTH files including all the support packs that apply.

Regards,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

I have recently installed GRC 5.3 on our system on WAS 7.0.

For a Non HR system we need to install only VIRSANH package.

For SAP-HR system we need to install both VIRSANH and VIRSAHR.

THis is the way to go about the instalation.

Regards,

Rajesh.