cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I appreciate once again for all your dedicated help and efforts.I have 2 questions and i need you guys to help me on this.

I have come across 'Negative Posting'. can anyone of you please let me know what is 'Negative Posting' and what affect would it shows in what level of functionality?

what are the general erros comes up in Idocs which are related to SD? 850/875 , 810 , 857 or 858.

Thanks in advance ,

solutions will be rewarded,

Kanna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the customer request you to maintain all its entry in one side as receiveable , then you go for negative posting. That means ,all payables are also maintained as receiveables.

Normally, Payable are recorded in other side of Rceiveable. But, now you want to post those payables like, Credit memo, Cancellation as receiveables. So, they will be posted as Negative receiveable.

To do this ,you have to activate the "Negative posting " field in the Billing document type in t.code VOFA.

Remember, you have to activate this field(Negative posting) for the billing type which are Payables(e.g, Credit memo or Cancellation) and not for the receiveables (e.g, F2 or Debit memo ), beacuse you are showing payables as receiveables.

By Negative posting there is no effect in Accounting and Negative posting is possible only if permitted by the Company code.

This is in detail about Negative posting.

Reward with point if useful.

Regards

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna

If we set negative posting in VOFA then where we can check whether it is working or not? Is it in FBL5N or FD10N ?

regards

Jyoti

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kanna

Please go through this help link

[Negative Postings |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/96/8b458d43ce11d189ee0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Negative Posting: A posting that decreases the transaction figures in the account posted to.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reverse and adjustment postings are also called as negative postings. Negative postings are used to reduce the transaction figures in G/L accounts or customer or vendor accounts. This allows you to give the transaction figures the status they would have had without posting the reversed document and its reversal document. and hence called as negative posting.

it is purely a financial activity which is used to correct a wrong entry by making another wrong posting.

Thanks

KV