cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR attchment at the PO header level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I know that we can attach a DIR to the line item of a PO. Is there any way to attach a DIR to the PO header. I know we can attach the documents ( not the DIR) directly to the PO header using the Service Object functionality. How about the DIR eg: Terms and Conditions Document which is common for all the items on the PO? Any clue?

Thanks

Paddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Any reply to my post?

Thanks,

Paddy

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

as far as I know it is only possible to assign document to the purchase order items but not directly to the header from DMS point of view.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

As per my knowledge, DIR linkage is possible to PO line item, so for header pls convince to users what ever common documents pls link with first line item, SAP has not given Object linking with header level.

Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny & Christoph,

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if "Adding Other Objects" would mean any help in this regard. If any one has used this option, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paddy

Adding Other Objects

Purpose

You can also link documents with SAP objects for which no linking is supported in the standard

SAP System.

Prerequisites

In Customizing for the Document Management, you must maintain the key fields for the SAP

objects that you want to link to document info records, by choosing Control Data _ Maintain key

fields.

Process

1. Program two screens for the following module pools for the SAP object that is to be

linked additionally:

u2013 SAPLCV00

u2013 SAPLCVIN

The process logic must be according to that of screen 0204 in program SAPLCV00 and

must not be changed.

2. Create the function module OBJECT_CHECK_XXXX (XXXX = name of the SAP object).

If this object can be classified, this function module already exists in the standard

system. Otherwise, copy the existing function module OBJECT_CHECK_EQUI (linking of

equipment) and change it to suit the new object.

Result

After you have completed the above, documents can be linked with the SAP object that you have

added. You define the settings for this in Customizing for the Document Management System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Any idea with the "Adding Other Objects" for DMS?

Thanks,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you can change the way of your solution . You can link DIR to Supplier in a standard way .

In order to retrieve the DIR easily, you can create a specific document type for this and the document number will be external and equal to PO Number .

I got a similar requirement for Sales order and my DMS expert doesn't want to create a specific link because that means a lot of works.

Hope this help you.

Best regards