cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc from XI to R3 losing fields and segments

Former Member
0 Kudos

The idocs I have posted from XI to R3 seem to lose some of the fields and segments.

The idoc is sent correctly from XI but the idoc posted in R3 have less fields and segments.

Any idea?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think IDOC receive structure disabled segments & fields in mapping window. Meanwhile check IDX1 & IDX2 window. In R3 system check inbound setting parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in transaction IDX2. You may need to delete the Idoc Type Metadata from IDX2 and then resend your XML file to XI. It will then generate the new metadata.

Also, there was once when we encountered this case but simply deleting it from IDX2 did not fix the problem. We then deleted the entry directly from the table IDXEDSAPPL and that fixed the problem.

You may also want to refresh your XI cache via tcode SXI_CACHE.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alberto,

If your IDoc (@ Target side) is a custom IDoc, you have to check for the IDoc Meta data in IDX2 transaction at XI side.

Normally IDoc adapter ignores fields with empty string values, if you need to send field with empty string as value, then send "/" as value. The "/" value denotes absence of value and will be interpreted correctly at target side.

Regards,

Ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better take that processed XML payload and test your XI Map in IR.

Thanks.

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give a sample?

What I was thinking is that, probably because of the occurrences on your target field just have 1:1; or the parent of those fields are not defined in the mapping.

Regards,

Lex