cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT not getting determined in accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am encountering the below scenario where the VAT is not getting determined . When I save the billing document I get a error saying "Error in account determination: table T030K key ME MWS"

Scenario :

SP & BP are in NL (Netherlands)

Supplying Plant is in NL

SH is in Turkey

This is a third party sale where the material is directly shipped out of NL to turkey .

Since we are trying to capture the VAT % in invoice I tried to use a condition type MWAS from the tax procedure .

1. I have the cond.type MWAS in the tax procedure TAXTR

2. I created a new table with key combination just Bill to and assigned to the access seq MWST

3. Country is already assigned to the tax procedure .

4.I created a new tax code and assigned that to country and tax procedure.

5.I also assigned Base amount for tax calculation .

Since MWAS was not in pricing procedure I created this and assigned to pricing procedure with account key MWS.

I have also maintained VKOA with the new G/L account for VAT and created condition record for MWAS .

Inspite of doing all these accounting doc is not getting created and I get the error message which I mentioned above, though I see the new condition type MWAS in the billing document.

If I check T030K table I find the new tax code mapped to the acct key , and new VAT G/L account.

Can anyone please tell what the problem is ? Am I missing something .

Cheers

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar

Please go through these threads

[table T030K |]

[Account determination error |]

[Account determination|]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your response . But what I want to know is that

1. Is it mandatory that I should be specific on maintaining key combination of VAT condition type . Now I have only "Bill to " , do I need to have Dep.cnty ,Destination cntry etc..on this ?

2. Do I need to do any settings concerned with UTXJ . Because I haven't done anything and to my knowledge it shouldn't affect my scenario.

Thanks

Sridhar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar

Several parameters influence the tax amounts and tax rates determination. The most important ones include:

- Delivering country (origin)

- Tax class of the ship-to partner

- Tax class of the material being shipped

- Tax calculation date

- Jurisdiction code from ship-to-party (customer)

- Jurisdiction code from ship-from address (plant)

- Point-of-order acceptance

- Point-of-order origin

[SAP defaults the ship-from jurisdiction] maintained on the plant as the point-of-order acceptance, [and defaults the ship-to jurisdiction] maintained on the customer as the point-of-order origin.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laksmipathi,

First thing is that I am not getting the tax code in the billing document . When I checked in T030K all the entries are there ( tax code /acct key /G/L account) .. But when I try to save the VAT percentage in FTXP against the acct key, it is not getting saved .

I saw in one of your threads where you have asked to Deactivate the line and reenter the VAT %. I tried it ,but it never works.I also made sure that I haven't maintained anything in VK19 for the tax code.

One thing I need to get clarity is that taxes are always based on SH. But why in FTXP you are asking to maintain for Country of Origin and tax code ..Is there any reason ??

Secondly do I need to maintain UTXJ seperately even after maintaining the condition record for the tax condition type in VK11.

Thanks

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In addition to previous conversation in this thread I want a few clarification .

My company is in US

supplying plant is in Netherlands

end customer is in Turkey .

So ideally in this thrid partyscenario , materials go directly from Netherlands to Turkey and since the goods are exchanges at Ex works VAT is being charged .

In this scenarion , I am using a tax procedure of turkey (TAXTR) . I created a tax code and assigned it to TAXTR in FTXP mentioning the VAT% under MWS account key.

I have also created condition record for UTXJ with Country as Turkey ,Region in Turkey, Mat Tax class, Customer tax class..,Tax code . I mentioned the amount as 100 here. Is this correct?

I have also maintained in VKOA ,the G/L to which the tax postings to be done .

My question in all these settings is ...Do I need to use Netherlands (NL) anywhere , be in FTXP or UTXJ ???????

Even after doing all these settings I am geting a account determinaiton error which says table T030K key ME MWS .

One thing I observed is that I am not able to save the VAT% amount against the tax code in FTXP. Will this be a problem?

Cheers

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Condition Record maintained for VAT Condition Type. Ensure that correct Tax Code is maintained for Condition Type for VAT & it should not be blank.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Do we need to do anything assiging the access sequence in case of tax determination .

I thought that I need to assign the new condition table which I created in SD against MWST . But if I do so , I am getting error when saving the tax code .

Since there are only 2 standard table 003 & 053 , I am thinking of using only 003 and leave it undisturbed . What do you say ??

Thanks

Sridhar