cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConnectionNotTrusted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When trying to connect to MDM server from ABAP stack this is the error I am getting 'ConnectionNotTrusted'.

I am using the standard function module 'MDM_ADMIN_RETRIEVE_MNTED_REPS' to test my connection.

I have the allow.ip file with my WEB AS IP on it. I have the MDMAPIC settings in place. Is there anything else I should be checking?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for all the prompt replies, I checked the settings and allow.ip file and everything was as explained in your replies. But still I was getting the same error 'Connection Not Trusted'.

Finally this is what solved the problem, I added the line

TrustFiles Dir= <path of allow.ip file>

in the mds.ini file. That is the same path as the mds.ini file, since my allow.ip file is in the same folder.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasa Raju,

When trying to connect to MDM server from ABAP stack this is the error I am getting 'ConnectionNotTrusted'.

I have the allow.ip file with my WEB AS IP on it. I have the MDMAPIC settings in place. Is there anything else I should be checking?

The connectivity between the MDM Server and SAP R 3 is a trusted connection due to the following 2 things :

1. You should have the IP address of the R 3 system from where you are trying to access the MDM Server. ( And not the Ip of the WAS). This Ip address should be placed in a Notepad named " Allow.ip" ( Save as type - All files ).

This IP file should be placed in the MDM Server folder.

2. Also along with this, you need to do the User Mapping between the MDM server and the R3 server.

Create a user in MDM ( in Console->Admin->User) which has the same name as the user of the R3 system . This user is the sy-uname of the R3 system. Hence this will enable the User Mapping of the 2 systems and enable the Trusted Connected. (Just in case, does not work, mention the password also in MDM)

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasa,

Connection not trusted error comes when the system(SAP R\3) which wants to interact with MDM server is not authorised to communicate with the MDM server.To make the connection trusted you need to create a file allow.ip and mention the ip address of SAP R\3 system and save this file in Server folder where mds.ini file is saved and then do all other settings in R\3 system using transaction MDMAPIC. Restart you MDM server as many times you make changes in allow.ip file.This file will authorize the respective R\3 system to communicate with MDM Server on the basis of ip address of R\3 system.

follow the thread this will help you.

Reward if helpful.

regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same issue, only thing you need to do after done all the settings must restart your MDM Server.

Hope it will help you,

Rewards if found useful....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasa Raju,

as per my knowledge, your are right.

most of the time this kind of problems will occur with IP addresses only.

Just Hint: try to add host name as well as IP in allow.ip file

One moretime you can double check the configuration part using this blog:

/people/bv.pillai/blog/2006/11/28/installing-mdmtech-add-on-and-configuring-the-mdm4a-mdm-for-abap-api

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

RDNPrasad