cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named Search Vs Masks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between Masks and Named searches?

Can a named search b assigned to a particular role or user as like mask?

If yes how?

Regards

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

There is only one difference between Mask and Named Search i.e. Mask is static while Named Search is Dynamic.

E.g. You have set the search criteria on any table and saved the search as Named Search. Now when the new record is created or existing record gets modified and the record is satisfying that search criteria defined by Named Search then that record wil automatically gets added to that named Search entry while this is not possible with mask.

You have to add the record manually in the Mask.

We can set the roles for Named Searches also. Go to console Admin node, select roles -> tables and fields there you will get the table Named Search. It is similar to Mask.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on MDM SP05 version.As per your reply I tried saving a search.

But when I come to console under Role ->Tables and Fields I am not able to see the Named search.

Any suggestion

Regards'

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

I checked it is there.It is just above the Mask table. Is Mask table is visible?

Dont search according to the name the list is not in a sorted order.You will find Named Search table in the bottom part.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the MDM that comes along with SRM .The Build version is 5.5.41.70.

I am not getting the named searches table

Kindly suggest

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nisha,

You are using MDM 5.5 SP05.in Sp05. Named search was not avialable to set as a contraint uder the roles.that is why you are not able to set the constraint for a named search in a role.

It is avialable in SP06. Use MDM 5.5 SP06, if you want to use this functionality.

I hope this will clear your doubt and helpful for you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward if found helpful.

Answers (0)