cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - Requested Delivey Date

Former Member

Hi All,

Please help me resolve this requirement.

In sales order we have a field 'Requested Delivery Date', Normally the requested delivery date is default todays date only. If not proposed by system, we have to enter it manually.

In our project we have maintained cusotomer calendar, where some dates in an year are specified.

Only on such dates order is possible to be delivered to the customers.

While creating such order, we get an information message, that "no goods accepeted on 24.06.2008, the next possible date is 28.06.2008"

This date (28.06.2008) comes from the cuustomer calendar attached to the customer master in view Unloading points.

Now how can this date be automatically copied to the requested delivery date field so as to make the order not possible to be delivered on the todays date, & only possible to deliver on the date (28.06.2008) which is the date from customer calendar.

I repeat, instead of automatic determination of req delivery date, or instead of manual entry, system should pick the date automatically from customers calendar after entry on Ship to party in the sales order.

Regards

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The Requested delivery date is defaulted (todays's date in your case) based on the settings in VOV8 - sales document type.

As per my knowledge it is not wise to pick the requested delivry date based from the customer master - unloading point details. Because sometimes the delivery date also depends on the material availability.

Instead you can look into the option of changing the defaulted delivery date with the confirmed delivery date, automatically while saving the order. You can achieve this by using a userexit in the order program SAPMV45A. Consult your ABAPer and explain the requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor

Hi

Please post the solution. It will be useful for all the members.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member

Hi,

sorry I just forgot to share it with all.

See, our requirement was sales order should have delivery date into it, not proposed by system by to be fetched from the calendar maintained in the ship to party customer master record.

We acheived this by using a feild exit for Data element "KETDAT" - Requested delivery date of the document.

In this we incorporated the logic like to fetch the date from the calendar, additionally a function module "DATE_CONVERT_TO_FACTORYDATE" was also used.

Whenever user creates a sales order, the system date automatically comes by default, by is replaced by the date from calendar, & a message is also passed "Change in the route calendar date"

I am glad to inform you this worked out very well.

Hope this is helps you all.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

can yuo please shair code We are also having the same requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue has been solved

Regards,

Dhananjay