cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tray in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problems choosing a dynamic tray in Smartforms. I'm transferring "tray" as a parameter, and it is on both my FIRST and NEXT page in the Output options tab.

However it only works on NEXT page. FIRST page is printed form the default tray of the printer.

The import parameter "tray" has the correct value (ex. TRY02)when I'm entering the form, so I do not understand why it doesn't seem to react to it on the FIRST page.

Please advise

Best regards,

Vibeke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Sometimes the tray option doesn't work very well !!! When it doesn't work for some reason, I usualy use a workaround.

Define 2 output devices in SPAD: printer Z1 (which has tray 1 as default) and printer Z2 (which has tray 2 as default). Then, dynamicaly, choose the printer in field TDDEST in your print program.

Hope this solves your problem, if you cannot solve the tray issue (which I hope you can).

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valter,

I have found the SAPSCRIPT-TRAYTEST and tested. I changed it a bit, and "asked" it to print the first page from tray2. This doesn't work either, so I suppose I can conclude it is a problem in the printer - not with the Smartform.

I will try and get in contact with one of the Basis guys, to see if the printer settings can be changed. And then I will absolutely try your solution.

Best Regards,

Vibeke