Sales Order - Material Entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a small requirement.

We create a sales order & enter a material, suppose

Item Material Qty

10 00524132 25

Even now if i enter same material code in item 20 system will allow me to do so.

Please suggest how can this be prevented that same material code should not be possible to be entered again in the sales order

Regards

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay

Yes this is bcoz you are creating a sale order for the material 00524132 and at a later stage, due to some obvious reasons, if you want to foreclose this line item and create a. new line item for the same material, what will happen if system prevents this. That's why SAP allows to maintain unique material code in multiple line items. Mind you this is practically happening everywhere.

However, still if you feel that this should not happen, apply User exits in the program MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay,

As per standard system will allow you to enter same material in the sales order repeatedly.

But if you want control that functionality you need use User Exit with the help of ABAPer.

Try with these User exits in the program MV45AFZZ

1.USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

2.USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per SAP standard it is not possible. U can enter the same material many times.

If u want to prevent this then need to apply user exit in sales order. I think userexit_save_document can be used for this. Please take help from ABAper for this...

regards

sankar