Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Local DCs to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem.

I have created a Composite Application.

For my project, I have done most of my development but stored them as Local DCs.

But now I need to transport these Local DCs to NWDI.

So are there any guidelines/steps to migrate them.

--Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You can find a solution in a SAP Note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal,

Is it possible for you to provide the SAP Note No. for moving DCs in case of Composite Application(CAF).

I did find one for Web Dynpro, but nothing with respect to CAF.

It would be of great help if anyone can provide me that.

Thanks

-- Brian

Edited by: Brian Fernandes on Jun 26, 2008 7:58 PM

former_member182046
Contributor
0 Kudos

Copying DCs from a local development track to an NWDI track

Not sure about the specifics for CAF DCs, but I did it with several types of Java and J2EE DCs:

In the Development Infrastructure perspective of the NWDS, you have

a) a local development configuration with your own source software component and the locally developed DCs

b) an NWDI based development configuration with your DTR-based target software component

Now you can copy the source DC to the target SC by using drag and drag.

You can keep the target DC in the NWDI track local for now and add it to DTR source control later by right-clicking on the DC in the Component Browser view, or add it to DTR source control immediately.

Cheers,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As an little addition, there's no different between WD Local DCs or any other, for DTR files are files. Follow the SAP note and you're on the right way. And please close the thread if you solved the problem (and maybe you post the solution )

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/content.htm]