cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when importing a web service from ES Workplace to NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm working with SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP03 PAT0000 Build id: 200710302120)

The connection (through Services Registry) to the ES Workplace was successful. I found the service definition and the endpoint for the selected service definition I wanted. But when I clicked "Finish", I got a "Web Service Import Error":

Web Service can not be imported due to some errors.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

java.lang.NullPointException

error detail:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at com.sap.caf.designer.ui.actions.es.WSImportAction$1.run(WSImportAction.java:188)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.caf.foundation.mfw.types.CoreTypes.getAllTypesForApplication(CoreTypes.java:353)

at com.sap.caf.foundation.mfw.types.CoreTypes.initializeCoreTypes(CoreTypes.java:197)

at com.sap.caf.foundation.mfw.types.CoreTypes.getType(CoreTypes.java:227)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.getBuiltInSimpleType(WSImportManager.java:849)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createSimpleType(WSImportManager.java:712)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createSimpleTypeWithRestrictions(WSImportManager.java:883)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createSimpleType(WSImportManager.java:728)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createAttribute(WSImportManager.java:663)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createField(WSImportManager.java:1059)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createFields(WSImportManager.java:1046)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createComplexType(WSImportManager.java:967)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createAttribute(WSImportManager.java:671)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createField(WSImportManager.java:1059)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createFields(WSImportManager.java:1046)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createComplexType(WSImportManager.java:967)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createAttribute(WSImportManager.java:671)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createMessage(WSImportManager.java:630)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createInputMessage(WSImportManager.java:605)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createOperation(WSImportManager.java:569)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createOperations(WSImportManager.java:518)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.importInterface(WSImportManager.java:495)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.importWebService(WSImportManager.java:265)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ImportManager.importWebService(ImportManager.java:53)

at com.sap.caf.designer.ui.actions.es.WSImportAction$1.run(WSImportAction.java:180)

... 1 more

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.caf.foundation.mfw.types.CoreTypes.getAllTypesForApplication(CoreTypes.java:353)

at com.sap.caf.foundation.mfw.types.CoreTypes.initializeCoreTypes(CoreTypes.java:197)

at com.sap.caf.foundation.mfw.types.CoreTypes.getType(CoreTypes.java:227)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.getBuiltInSimpleType(WSImportManager.java:849)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createSimpleType(WSImportManager.java:712)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createSimpleTypeWithRestrictions(WSImportManager.java:883)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createSimpleType(WSImportManager.java:728)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createAttribute(WSImportManager.java:663)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createMessage(WSImportManager.java:630)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createInputMessage(WSImportManager.java:605)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createOperation(WSImportManager.java:569)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.createOperations(WSImportManager.java:518)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.importInterface(WSImportManager.java:495)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ws.WSImportManager.importWebService(WSImportManager.java:265)

at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ImportManager.importWebService(ImportManager.java:53)

at com.sap.caf.designer.ui.actions.es.WSImportAction$1.run(WSImportAction.java:180)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)

Thanks in advance

Wenhao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wenhao,

I did face something similar ....but when i tried it again...it worked..

In case it does not then before u try to start the procedure to dwnld the Enterprise service wsdl....

uncheck the wsdl validator check box in NWDS...

I suggest u first try to consume the wsdl by importing it locally...

just follow this blog by Boris step by step..

/people/boris.mohr/blog/2007/01/23/how-to-guide-for-consuming-a-web-service-with-a-standalone-client-using-sap-netweaver-application-server-javatm-ee-5-edition

Once u r able to do this..then u can try to consume it from service registry

Edited by: Mohd Tauseef Ibrahim on Jun 26, 2008 2:28 PM

Edited by: Mohd Tauseef Ibrahim on Jun 26, 2008 2:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Thank you so much! I unchecked the wsdl validator and it worked!

One more question

Do you have any idea why the wsdl validation failed?

Thanks again

Wenhao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wenhao,

Glad to know it worked..

Actually the wsdl validator plays the role of assesssing, if the classes generated from the wsdl client are in congruence with the wsdl file attributes,In some cases when a specific end point is specified it could differ from the wsdl validation for the entire wsdl... well thats my opinion..not to sure but seems logical...

I have been told that the wsdl validator will be completely available in the future SP 's .

Hope it helps

Regards,

Mohd Tauseef I

Edited by: Mohd Tauseef Ibrahim on Jun 27, 2008 6:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

I agree with your opinion. You're very kind and helpful indeed. Thanks again.

Wenhao