cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Tab in data manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a clear idea regarding validation. But I am not getting the purpose of Branch Values field under Validation tab in data manager

Yesterday I have seen the following reply

Branch : Suppose in our category(Taxonomy) table we have to Childs (boys and girls) we have written an validation for boys and we want to append and validation of girls to the same validation then we can make a branch of it and write the code for that in the branch validation, by default we will get the new branch validation in the boys validation with an AND in between..; another thing is that you cannot execute the branch validation girl independtly, you can run your main validation boys with the inter junction.

But can you give me simple example so that I can try it out?

Answer will be rewarded.

Thanks

Shalini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

In simpler words, Branch Step is used to branch the records based on some Condition. This Condition is in the form of a Validation.

Hence Create a Validations.

Now, suppose For a Field A, the two records have values :

1. Yellow

2. Null

Now, you can write a Validation checking that the Value for the Field A is Null or not. Hence while Creating a Branch Step :

You can put the Validation that you have created. All those records ( In the Above ex, Record 1 ) which pass the Validation will branch towards that steps connected to the output of the Branch step.

Other records which fail the validation ( In this case Record 2)will Branch to the Default.

In this way, based on some Validation, you can have a separate set of steps for various sets of records.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain