cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Provider for a web dynpro with tool Visual Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

after deploying successfully my web dynpro on the J2EE 7.0 WAS, I'm trying to set up authentication to it but I cannot find my applicaiton in the list of policy configurations of the Security Provider entry. When I try to add the path to my local web dynpro, the engine doesn't find it.

I have noticed that all other policy configurations reference a servlet_jsp application. Should I transform my web dynpro into a servlet_jsp? How do I do that?

Thanks for your input,

Tanguy Mezzano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

WebDynpro and Enterprise Applications use a different container (webdynpro for WebDynpro and servlet_jsp for Enterprise Applications)

Can you see your application in the Deploy Service in Visual Admin?

To find it select the Runtime Tab in the Deploy Service, choose container and open the webdynpro container. Your application should be listed under the Server Node. How is it called?

Did you define a vendor or does the entry start with local?

Cheers

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, just use ticket config.

Regards,

Tanguy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, I need to wrap my web dynpro into a servlet_jsp, into a web module project... but finally we configured the J2EE-ENGINE component and all sub-components inherits its configuration.

Thanks for your help anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

My application is there in the webdynpro container, it does start with local.

But I don't find it in the Security Provider service.

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if it helps but try to set a vendor in your Webdynpro application such as sap.com so it is not local/appname but vendor/appname eg. sap.com/myWDapplication and redeploy it to SAP J2EE

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

in fact, I don't succeed to redeploy with another provider name... I have undeployed my webdynpro with SDM on the Java stack, but from NWDS, when I change the application-j2ee-engine.xml and application.xml files, and that I rebuild the webdynpro, when I run and deploy, it always redeploys under the former provider: local.

When I create the application, I tell to use the existing component, should I select create a new one, but that means that I have to rebuild the whole application.

Will then the webdynpro be in the Security Provider list, so that I can configure it with http header?

Thx for your help,

Tanguy