SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between OGSD and TSW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I would like to know the functionality of TSW in IS-OIL and also I would like to know if any differencese between OGSD and TSW.

Thanks,

Prakash

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prakash,

Tsw ; through this tsw we are doing direct delivery by nomination & also by using TD shipment ....

OGSD : its an integrated package where we contributing our sales by using SAP -CRM., SAP -BI., AND NET WEAVER its an integrated package

FOR MORE DETAILS PLS GO THROUGH THIS BELOW LINK

http://www.sap.com/industries/oil-s/pdf/BWP_SB_Oil_Gas_Secondary_Distribution.pdf

regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Prakash

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I am not a TSW expert but as far as I know it is more about large scale movements of oil, e.g. by ship or by railway.

On the other side OGSD has three major functionalities

- it turns the sales order entry screen VA01 into a Telesales screen with customer history, detailed information about credit limit and payment performance, customer notepad, telephone integration, Map&Guide integration, pre-scheduling screen for deliveries and many more

- it includes a sophisticated business process automation module called Data Collation that automates compley MM and SD processes to reflect typical industry processes

- it comes with a very flexible interface module that can feed data typically received by IDoc from other systems/partners into Data Collation, thus allowing truly automated processes

Apart from that there a a couple of more modules like Consumption Forecast, Slaes Logistic Cockpit, LPG sales, Collective Orders and more.

Whereas TSW is part of the IS-OIL installation, OGSD comes as a seperate Add-On.

Kind regards,

Thorsten