cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Off Right Click Options in Webdynpro table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can we switch off the right-click options that show up when a user is displaying a webdynpro abap table?

I dont want users to be able to hide columns. There does not, however, seem to be a setting which controls this - it seems to be always on???

Cheers,

Brad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is actually a bigger problem than I first thought!!!!!!

Not only is it table columns you can hide, you can hide anything on the screen by right clicking on it.

EVEN WORSE: if you hide it for one user ALL USERS ARE AFFECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not looked on OSS yet, but surely this is bug????

In any case I dont want users hiding anything, whether just for themselves, or for all users.

Any ideas anyone????

Brad

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Make sure that you are not running the application in Administrative Mode. That is the only way the changes should effect more than one user. Otherwise their changes should be user level personalization. You should be able to deactive the User Personalization with the Application Parameter WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice.

This fixes the problem. Again this was an SP11 thing (the system I am on is SP10 and didnt have this parameter), but OSS note 990724 provides this functionality.

The trick with all users being affected was just me being stupid. The application I have developed is a password reset tool for people who have forgotten their passwords (connected to CUA so you can fix passwords on all systems) so of course I didnt want them to have to log in (it uses Active Directory for user authentication, not SAP security). So I connect them via an external alias with a fixed username and password - which means one technical user for all people accessing the application. So if one person changes it, they change it for all...

Switching off personalisation does the job, however, thanks a lot. Next time I will look on my SP11 system for parameters before asking questions.

Brad

Answers (0)