Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of sales documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The following situation has arisen in our production environment:

A user created a sales order with 3 line items. The DA (outbound delivery) and invoice were subsequently created and the invoice was released to accounting. The document flow of the sales order showed:

Sales order....................completed

Delivery.........................completed

Invoice...........................completed

Accounting document.....completed

Line items 20 and 30 were appearing correctly in all documents. But, for line item 10 a quantity of 0 was showing in the delivery doc and the invoice. The accounting document was also reflecting only line items 20 and 10. However, in the sales order line item 10 had a quantity of 1. I don't understand how this situation could have arisen. Does SAP normally allow delivery and invoice docs to be created with line items of 0 quantity? I tried to correct the situation by changing the quantity of line item 10 in the sales order to 0 but the system would'nt allow me to do this. However, I could change the quantity of this line item to any other value, e.g. 1, 2, using VA02. Why did the system allow me to change the sales order when subsequent documents had been posted? This shouldn't be possible by my understanding.

I then attempted to apply a reversal to these documents. I asked one of our finance users to reverse the accounting doc but the system did not allow this. A message appeared: "Not possible to reverse the document in financial accounting". F1 help said that "this document was not posted in the Financial Accounting module, VBRK is, rather, of type 'Billing document'.". It also said to reverse the original document, i.e. the invoice. I used VF11 to reverse the invoice successfully. I then used the Delivery doc. number in VL09 to reverse goods movements. This was also done successfully.

I then used VL02N to delete the DA (delivery). This caused some complications due to batch split but I eventually managed to delete the DA. I then used VA02 to delete the original sales order. I then had the user create a new sales order with 2 line items corresponding to line items 20 and 30 in the original sales doc and create a subsequent new delivery document and invoice. Invoice was also successfully released to accounting.

My questions are:

1. How was it possible to arrive at this situation in the first place where sales doc is different from DA and invoice and how is it possible to change sales doc when subsequent documents have been created?

2. How can delivery and invoice have line items with quantity 0?

3. When delelting the delivery doc, how to check if done properly with batch split? Incidentally, when the new sales doc and delivery were created, the delivery picked up the quantities from the same batch numbers as the original delivery. Can I take this as a sign that deletion of delivery doc with batch split was done correctly?

4. Have I performed the reversal process correctly? Will there be any impact in finance or sales reports?

The user has just informed me that payment was posted for the earlier invoice. This payment is showing as cleared in FBL5N with reference to the old invoice number. Now the new invoice will remain open? How to resolve this?

Sorry for the extremely long post. If someone can help me, especially with my last question regarding payment posting I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow this path...

IMG - Logistics Execution - Deliveries - Define Item Categories for Deliveries - (execute) - select your delivery item category or any item category and double click on that and there you can find the field you are looking for.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is IMG config for the delivery type where you can not allow QTY = 0. Funny thing is in ECC 6 systems it is configured by default to allow 0 qty deliveries.

That will at least help stop that issue in the future

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding your first question, was the delivery originally created with a quantity of 1? If the delivery was created with a quantity of 1 but then changed to 0 - it will remain as a line on the delivery and on the billing document. To avoid this if a delivery line is not going to be shipped, the line should be deleted from the delivery, therefore a line item with a quantity of 0 will not appear on the delivery or billing document and the sales order will show that the line has not been delivered.

I hope this helped answer part of your question.

Regards, Ginny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies Ginny and Bill. My understanding of the situation has improved somewhat.

Bill, where exactly in IMG can quantity 0 not allowed for deliveries be configured? I searched for it but I didn't have any luck. This would be very useful as the current situation is not ok from an audit point of view. Thanks!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check OVLP transaction which is basically for defining Delivery Item Category.

You shall find the field "Check Quantity 0"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't find any such field in that transaction. Are you sure that this is the correct transaction? Thanks for your help.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Khan Awkhan

Please go [0vlp] (zero VLP), select your item category and execute. There you can see a field [Check minimum qty] for which you maintain B

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The said tranzaction is not OVLP

its 0vlp, select the item category and maintain as required from below

B Dismiss situation with error message in create/change mode

C Dismiss situation with error message only in create mode

in Check quantit 0 in quantity area

Regards

Vishal