cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBN - open new window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want navigate from one Web Dynrpo iView to another using OBN. Unfortunately I can't find a parameter to open the target application in a new window. The only possibility I found is to change the "Launch in New Window" property of the target iView into "Display in Separate Portal Window". But with this setting I also get a new window when I directly open the target iView by using the portal navigation.

So is there a possibility to change the behaviour for OBN without chaning it for "normal" navigation (comparable to the use of WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL_PORTAL with absolute navigation)?

Regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

In my scenario I managed to resolve the issue.

The solution is to set the the 'Priority' under the property 'Object Based Navigation' as greater than 0 for the 'OBN Test iView' under 'Folder1'

This will ensure that whenever the call is made to the OBN, it will call the target which has a higher priority.

Regards,

Melwyn.

former_member197472
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,Melwyn

Have you tried to use it as popup window ??

--

Regards,

Amey

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a similar issue. I have the same OBN iview that has been added to 2 different places in the role structure (as shown in the attached image).

For the OBN iview assigned under the Workset1 the launch property is set to "Launch in Portal Content Area" and for the same OBN iview assigned under  Folder1, the launch property is set to "Display in Separate Window".

The same role structure is given to 2 users. The issue is that after clicking on the link (in iView1) which calls the OBN Test iview, for one user the OBN launches in a new window whereas for another user the OBN launches in the portal content area.

Any ideas on what could be the cause for this.

Regards,

Melwyn.